Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does my ferret have the flu or something worse?
shambhaba

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Does my ferret have the flu or something worse? - Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:42 AM
Help! My male ferret is two years old, and about a half year ago he started cough, sneezing and sometimes wheezing. These symptoms didn’t happen everyday or everytwo or everyweek. Besides, he has been eating well, drinking well and enjoying playing. Howeverever, those symptoms of the weird coughing and sneezing still happened when they “like”. == Yesterday, I arranged a vet visit for my ferret. After the vet did some basic check asked me some questions, the vet replied me he could NOT tell my ferret have cold, flu or any disease. Besides, in his point of view my ferret looked fine and playful. Neverless, I still worried these weird symptoms and insisted did X ray check. Then, the X ray showed there was a WHITE THING (or not normal black lung color) on the bottom of the right rear lung. I asked the vet what the white thing on the right lung was? The vet said this symptom very rare……….. The vet showed me a normal lung on X ray. But, I want to know what happened to my ferret??????? Can someone help me and my ferret? Or show me a direction? Shambhaba April. 21, 2016

GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Does my ferret have the flu or something worse? - Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:04 AM
Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure what it could be, however, I will say that my ferrets had very similar symptoms of coughing, sneezing and gagging on and off for months. It possibly could be a virus which remains in the system, causing respiratory issues? I know some types of worms will also go in the lungs and cause issues with coughing, though I don't know if this occurs in ferrets or not. Ferret Lymphoma can cause breathing trouble and access fluid in the lungs from what I hear, which could be the cause of this. Ask your vet for a detailed reply of what they think it is and what best to do about it. The more you know the more you can help you're little guy. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread