Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
MushusMomma

• Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Wednesday, November 25, 2015 10:10 PM
So I already have one ferret. Mushu I love my boy to death; so I went into the pet store yesterday to get Mushu's food. When I'm there I always stop to look at the baby ferrets. Well yesterday I noticed they had a bigger cage off to the side with a larger ferret in it. Which is strange so i inquired. The lady told me his owners had brought him in that morning that they didn't want him and just left him there. She also said it looked like he had never been fed a proper ferret diet or been shown love. So i convinced my husband to let me have another one. We're going to pick him up Friday. I would like to make the transition as less stressful as i can foe him, and to make sure he ans Mushu get along okay. Any advise?
wenmister
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:21 AM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Thursday, November 26, 2015 3:06 PM
Thanks hun that makes perfect sense. I've only ever owned my one ferret, and Mushu has had a pretty good start to life, he was the last of his litter to be adopted so for a while he was the only ferret in the pet store. I just want to make the transition as easy as possible for the new boy, and wasn't sure how to go about it. I'm going to pick him up Friday after work so that I can be home with him to bond and let him explore and figure things out.

Also just as a side question. Is moving to a new apartment/house stressful on ferrets? My husband and I are having issues with the super intendent at our building and want to get out of our basement apartment. But If it will cause the ferrets major distress I'd rather just put up with the supers and keep the ferrets where they are. 
unclejoe
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:36 PM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:57 PM
The pet store wants to keep him for a few days longer to make sure he's not ill and as soon as I get him he's going to the vet. Thank you foe your responses guys:)
unclejoe
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Friday, November 27, 2015 9:42 PM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:36 PM
Yes only for a check up though his shots i have to do myself
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Monday, November 30, 2015 3:02 PM
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Monday, November 30, 2015 3:03 PM
Thats our new fuzzie.Smokey
wenmister
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Monday, November 30, 2015 5:50 PM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Monday, November 30, 2015 9:11 PM
He's doing excellent he and mushu love playing together. Its like they were meant to be together 
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Monday, November 30, 2015 9:12 PM
Right now its just supervised play but whenver he gets a chance smokey will follow Mushu around
unclejoe
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:32 AM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Tuesday, December 01, 2015 2:09 PM
I wish i had gotten a picture of it but last night when i put smokey away he stuck his tongue out at me
Kimber

• Total Posts : 7
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Friday, December 04, 2015 11:20 PM
He's adorable!!! Congrats :)
Scarlett Deschanel

• Total Posts : 15
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Sunday, December 06, 2015 1:21 PM
It's wonderful that your ferrets are getting along together!   Smokey is a beautiful ferret. Is he nippy or is he past that stage? 
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Friday, December 25, 2015 9:10 AM
He is not nippy at all he wrestles with Mushu during play. I have noticed though that when he and Mushu are out playing and my husband and I are laying in bed cuddling he becomes a bed snake ans goes after my toes
unclejoe
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Friday, December 25, 2015 5:26 PM
Member in blocked list
MushusMomma

Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Thursday, December 31, 2015 4:52 PM
He has gotten a lot better since we let the two be in the same cage they aren't nearly as rough with each other they will smuggle and sleep together and they are both just generally much better behaved.
unclejoe
Re:How to introduce a ferret that has never been loved on into a home? - Friday, January 01, 2016 8:38 PM
Member in blocked list
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages