Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Greetings everyone
Kimber

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Greetings everyone - Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:24 AM
Greetings everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a homemaker, wife, mother of two teenage boys, two Chihuahuas, a lab x and a flock of quail. 

I'm a previous ferret mom my baby passed away several years ago and I was absolutely heartbroken. My husband and I have decided it's time for ferrets again, however we don't have any at the moment.

We have what could be considered a nursery room off of our room that has been a storage room that I am working hard to clear out and we have plans to make it a ferret room by Christmas where we are thinking we will get a pair as a family present.

I joined here in hopes of meeting other ferret parents as well as getting ferret "nursery" idea's. I'm still in the cleaning stage, going through boxes finding new homes for everything, hope by Dec 1 I can discreetly (kids don't know) start decorating and bringing in toys tunnels etc.
wenmister
Re:Greetings everyone - Monday, November 23, 2015 7:43 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Greetings everyone - Monday, November 23, 2015 8:38 AM
Member in blocked list
Le Fuzz

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, November 28, 2015 2:45 PM
Hi! Jealous of your ferret room! I would love to have that some day. It's funny, I tell my oldest, who is 15, that her room will be turned into ferretland when she goes to college. I get the eyeroll and the snort. 😉
MushusMomma

• Total Posts : 65
Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forum jealous of your ferret room! I live in a 2 bedroom basement apartment. I currently have one fuzzie picking up my second one when the pet store has had him okay'd by the vet. Welcome! I hope we can help
Kimber

Re:Greetings everyone - Friday, December 04, 2015 11:13 PM
Thank you all for the welcome... A few of you actually made me feel better about a ferret room, Duncan used to have the run of the house but the was before we got Daisy our lab X, who loves to chase... well anything she can from birds to prairie dogs. So I just feel better knowing their in a safe room.
unclejoe
Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, December 05, 2015 2:15 PM
Member in blocked list
Kimber

Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, December 05, 2015 5:48 PM
I hope Daisy will get along with them, part of me thinks she will, she's a rescue dog who adopted us in May and she does very well with our little dogs it took very little for her to learn to play soft.
Kimber

Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, December 12, 2015 1:57 PM
So we went and picked up our lil fuzbutts yesterday, had to go to Colorado to get them and got in around 11:40 last night. Hubby picked out a little sable masked boy, I believe he is 4weeks. I picked up a light silver female I believe to be 6 weeks, she is at least twice his size and petco said that their between 4-6 weeks. We probably won't pick out names until the big secret is revealed to the boys Christmas.  I'll try to post pics sometime today or tomorrow if I can manage to get a decent one.
unclejoe
Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:46 PM
Member in blocked list
Kimber

Re:Greetings everyone - Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:18 PM
Haha meant months not weeks... sorry as you can guess I got very little sleep last night between getting home at 11:30, spending a hr getting fuzzbutts in, feed,watered, spending some time with them from the four hr drive then unwinding enough to go to bed just to be up by 4:30am because that's when the hounds are used to getting up... 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread