Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduction and my 4 ferrets
joannej

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Introduction and my 4 ferrets - Tuesday, October 06, 2015 11:13 AM
Hello, My name is Joanne and I have 3 female ferrets. Natasha, Sasha and Snowflake. Snowflake is Albino. They are all about 3 years old. In comes a 4th male at 8 weeks old. Shadow, is kept in his own cage in a different room. Slowly introducing him to the others. I let shadow out in his room and did know snowflake was in there. I heard shadow screaming and snowflake was a?ttacking the little guy and biting him very hard. He is ok. I wonder if this is going to work out. Do I need to keep them separated until Shadow is fully grown? Will shadow ever be safe if I intergrate them eventually? How long before the kit is fully grown? feeling like a bad mommy
wenmister
Re:Introduction and my 4 ferrets - Tuesday, October 06, 2015 11:22 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Introduction and my 4 ferrets - Wednesday, October 07, 2015 12:43 PM
Member in blocked list
GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduction and my 4 ferrets - Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join! When we got our new kits, we introduced them right away. This certainly does not always work for everyone, but it did work for our ferrets. The older ones would bite the others scruff and perhaps try to drag them, a sign of dominance, but after just a few hours they were the best of friends. I hope they all learn to get along! Mix their bedding or toys so they get to know their smells. Also, remember that ferrets can sound and look like they are really hurting each other without it really happening. Best of luck! :)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread