Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Difficulties Choosing Foods
Kelsey

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
Difficulties Choosing Foods - Saturday, October 03, 2015 8:55 PM
Hey everyone, 

I had my girls on the EVO ferret for awhile (esp my 4 year old who had been on it for a few years.) but since it's no longer in production I've switched them to Natures Instinct Rabbit and Wysong Ferret Archetypal-2 both full bags mixed. I've noticed this mix has made them both poop more along with it being smellier than normal so I feel like this isn't working for them. 

My older girl doesn't seem to eat as much of the Wysong as the other kind. I feel like I need another mixed in or possibly a complete different mix but I'm having trouble figuring out what is a good mix. Ideally, I'm looking for 2 or 3 different kinds to mix. Price isn't to much of an issue since I want them to have the best. I've looked at the charts but looking for personal experience with a mix that has been exceptional and ferrets have thrived on.  

So what does everyone feed mix wise? I'm trying to find the best mix of foods for them. 

<message edited by Kelsey on Saturday, October 03, 2015 8:57 PM>
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Difficulties Choosing Foods - Sunday, October 04, 2015 11:05 AM

As ferrets transition from one food to a new one, they probably will experience some upset tummies as their bodies adjust.  If they act lethargic, I'd take them to a vet for a check up.   But if they are their usual rambunctious selves, then they are probably just going through adjustment.

we personally use Real Meat cat foods (http://www.realmeatpet.com/food.htm), and Go! Natural (http://www.petcurean.com/for-cats/go/fit-and-free-grain-free-chicken-turkey-duck).   Soupies consist of Stella & Chewy's, Vital Essentials, and Primal.

Kelsey

• Total Posts : 6
Re:Difficulties Choosing Foods - Sunday, October 04, 2015 5:47 PM
I was confused about the switch because I did it extremely slowly to use up what I had and once fully switched they had a few weird poops but after that they were fine for a couple weeks and it's recently that their poops have become smellier and they're going more. That's what was making me think they aren't getting much out of the food and it's just blowing through their systems.  In total they've been on the new diet for a good 2 months now. 
kingaljr

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Difficulties Choosing Foods - Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:42 PM
Sorry for the late post but Evo cat and kitten turkey and chicken is the same as Evo ferret. I have been feeding it to my little one for years now.BTW if you live near a Chuck and Dons they stock it in it in the 2.2 pound size.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread