Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferrets are awesome, but difficult
GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Ferrets are awesome, but difficult - Monday, August 31, 2015 12:42 PM
I've owned four ferrets in my life time and since a young age have dreamed and planned and read everything I could. However, nothing could prepare me for what they were truly like. They were the most adorable, fun, unique pets in the world. They were also so, so stressful. Not all pets are the best fit for me, and I know this. I loved my ferrets, but keeping them long-term made me very anxious. They constantly asked to come out and play, even though they had a whole room to run around in. They wouldn't play with toys, and when I let them out to play in a huge room downstairs, they got bored and went to sleep in 15 minutes. Hardly the 4 hours of exercise they needed. I also developed an allergy to them. However, I still love ferrets. And though I lost two to illness and two to having to be rehomed, I'm hoping when I open my rescue, I can work with them again. This way I can spend time with and help ferrets, but not keep them long-term. My family does really well rescuing animals, and I'm sure I could work around the allergies. However, this time I'm hoping joining a forum will help me be better prepared for all the difficulties that could occur. Not to mention I just love talking about ferrets. Thanks all for being here for me! :)
unclejoe
Re:Ferrets are awesome, but difficult - Tuesday, September 01, 2015 6:09 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages