Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Managing pain
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
Managing pain - Friday, August 28, 2015 4:36 PM
Hi all,

My ferret, Nito, has an ear infection for which she's currently on her third round of antibiotics. She's been taking them for a while and I haven't really seen improvement...Anyway, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to help alleviate the pain? She's not one to complain but there's a LOT of discharge coming from the ear. Also, can a salicylic acid-based cleaner interfere with the antibiotic? The vet saw the discharge and knew that I had been cleaning it twice a day and said "try to get in there every couple of days and clean it." If I didn't clean it everyday there's no way that the meds would even be able to get in! 
bandit99
Re:Managing pain - Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:17 AM
Member in blocked list
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Managing pain - Sunday, August 30, 2015 4:38 PM
She is on Baytril (ototopical). I figured I may not have been putting enough so I started putting much more in two days ago and it actually seems better :D which is especially good since I'll be boarding her over labor day weekend and want her to be as comfortable as she can be while away from home. It did seem somewhat less tender last night but sadly that's not saying much. Docs have always told me to give extra supplements when they have infections.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread