Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Advice?
ShelbyAnn

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Advice? - Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:43 PM
Hello! If this isn't the right place to put this, i'm sorry! (also - long post ahead) I have a nearly 6 year old male (who is also the first ferret I ever got!) and he's sick for the first time in his life. He stopped eating and incredibly rapidly was losing weight (he's already a smaller fuzzy, and in a matter of days he was skin and bones!), so I, of course, rushed him to a vet who has a lot of ferret experience and she discovered he has some sort of bacteria overgrowth in him so he was put on antibiotics and seems to be doing a little better! (Is a bacterial infection common or??) However, he still isn't taking to his kibble. Which is fine, I was informed it may take a while for him to willingly go back to it due to the stomach issues he's experienced with this illness that he may attribute the food as the cause. Where i'm needing advice is I need a duck soup recipe(s) that is actually nutritious that will plump him up. Many recipes I see contradict themselves or are filled with things i've always been told are big ferret no nos! So any recipes you guys have that have really worked for your fuzzies and actually meet their nutritional needs and would be acceptable for a (likely) extended period would be sooo appreciated! I've been using the Uncle Jim's but i've seen many people say it's really not that great for them or it should only be a part of the soup, not JUST the mix alone. I always try to give all my animals the best, so if this isn't it, i'd love some help here! Details on how much, what brand of each ingredient you used, preparation, etc would also help! Like I said, he's never been sick before, and my other fuzzy, who I rescued years after I got my male, died of "natural causes" in her sleep (a heart defect likely caused her passing) so I have no experience with them being sick!
<message edited by ShelbyAnn on Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:46 PM>
bandit99
Re:Advice? - Monday, August 17, 2015 12:45 AM
Member in blocked list
ShelbyAnn

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Advice? - Monday, August 17, 2015 1:07 AM
Thanks for responding!
Couple questions though. 

1. Do you blend in boiled egg or raw egg?
2. Egg white/yolk/or both?
3. How much and what kind of heavy whipping cream?

unclejoe
Re:Advice? - Monday, August 17, 2015 8:21 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Advice? - Monday, August 17, 2015 10:53 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages