Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Benign reactive lymph node won't go away?
alliegrace

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Benign reactive lymph node won't go away? - Monday, August 03, 2015 5:32 PM
Our vet found a reactive lymph node in our ferret's belly back in April. (She turns one year on Aug 30) After a biopsy and x ray she told us it was benign, not cancer, and appeared to be small. Our ferret also has weak ab definition which was made obvious by the x rays. She gave us an antibiotic and scheduled a check up for us after a couple weeks. She told us on the phone she might want to surgically cut it out if it doesn't go down because she never saw anything like it before. When we had the check up after the antibiotic, we had to see a different exotic pet vet in the same office because ours was out sick. He had information to all of the testing and felt the lump, and told us if the lump doesn't get bigger and doesn't hinder her in any way, there should be no need to cut it out and to just let her be and not put her through the stress of surgery if she does not have cancer or a disease. She hasn't been back to the vet since her last appointment in May because she's healthy, active, eats, drinks, poops, plays, sleeps, etc all normally and we weren't told to schedule another appointment. Should I be worried about the lump? I check it every couple weeks as the second vet directed me to and it has remained the same size since April. It's hard like a ball and is deep in her belly. She has no symptom of any disease or cancer(and the tests came back negative for everything) and is just a lovable ball of fur. I would like to know what the lump is though. Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be some type of food allergy? She eats Marshall mix and an off brand mix (I forget the name as I threw the bag out) but I am hoping to add more protein/raw meat/supplements soon to better her diet. Also while I'm on the topic of health, sometimes my ferret seems to stop what she's doing and intently watch me. I wouldn't call it dazing off because she's totally aware of what's going on and reacts to things, like if I move, start petting her, or squeak her mouse toy. I was reading up on Insulinoma and got concerned, is her stopping to stare at us a symptom or just her plotting her typical evil? Thanks in advance! :)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread