Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret Frenzy :)
LilMissFerret

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret Frenzy :) - Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:01 AM
Hello all! My name is Lilly, and I'm am the proud mother of two woozles (and two cats and a dog). Currently I have two girls, Luna who is about three, and Andi (short for Andromeda) who is about a year old. Although I feel a bit awkward about my cheesy username, its the one I use for everything, and is supposed to be a Harry Potter reference. Harry Potter was actually my inspiration to get a ferret (via Draco's misfortune in GoF) and aside from my first one, my girls have been named after Harry Potter characters. I got my first ferret at about twelve-ish. She was only a few weeks old at the time, and a serious biter. Nibbles, unfortunately, only lived to about five, when she got into something she shouldn't have, and passed away. More recently, I have finally gotten to bring more fuzzies into my home. Luna was a very splendid birthday gift last November and is a faintly marked DEW. She was quite lighter in the winter than she is currently, so I'm hoping when fall hits she'll loose some of the dark fur. Personality wise, Luna is very laid back, super friendly, and loves to give kisses. But she was quite crazy at first. Andi, however, is a bit of a wild child. She's younger, and still has a nibbling problem. Her favorite thing to do is crawl under the covers with you and bite your toes, but only if you are under the blankets. She gets into everything, makes constant messes, and is always trying to escape. As far as her appearance, she is a very traditionally marked sable, and very tiny. They are so fun to have around, and I'm planning on adding a third one to my business within the next month. It might be easier if I wasn't so picky! I plan on adding a male to my mix, as I generally prefer male pets, and have never had a male ferret before. Hopefully, he'll fit in nicely. My girls are very spoiled, as are all of my pets, and I can't wait to add to the craziness. The girls have my entire room to themselves, with about fourteen hours of out of cage time every day. Plus they get to venture to the rest of the house, and occasionally outside, every once and a while to spice things up. They especially seem to like to chase the cats around! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of them soon. Thanks for reading! <3/Lilly
wenmister
Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:25 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:49 AM
Member in blocked list
LilMissFerret

Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Monday, July 27, 2015 9:55 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome! I want to put pictures up, but I've been having issues getting the images off of my phone. However, I would like to announce that I officially got my third ferret! I was not intending on getting one that the way I did, but I'm very glad to have added Teddy to my ferret family. :) He is about a year or so old, and looks very much like my little girl, Andi, but I couldn't resist. My local pet store is a very small, locally owned place. The owner there sells kits, but she only ever has one or two, and its very hard to get one from her if you don't 'order' one personally. However, she also takes in small animals, birds, and other critters that need new homes (including a ring tailed lemur named Larry), and resells them. We don't have any sort of ferret shelter anywhere near us, and the Animal League only takes in dogs and cats. Everything else is shipped out. So, Luna and Andi both came from that shop, and were rehomed with me, and I don't know anything really about their previous owners. Although, since Andi was still quite young, I suspect that whoever bought her didn't know what they were getting themselves into. So today, I wandered in the store and saw the same pair of ferrets that had been in there two weeks before. Teddy had been floating around for a couple of months (the shop owner even took him on vacation with her family) after being abandoned because his owner was going off to college. He's a sweet boy, and if he wasn't the exact same color as Andi I would have snatched him up much sooner. In the end, personality is more important anyway, and I feel good about getting him out of that tiny cage. Everyone seems to be getting along great too, which is an added plus. No fighting, or puffy tails, or anything. They didn't even need baths! I don't know what I'll do if I ever have a bad introduction lol
<message edited by LilMissFerret on Monday, July 27, 2015 10:57 PM>
LilMissFerret

Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Monday, July 27, 2015 11:04 PM
Okay, well I can't get the Edit feature to work, but there's my ferrets ^^ Andi on top, then Luna, and Teddy. Sorry the pictures are so blurry, and for the double post.
unclejoe
Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:56 AM
Member in blocked list
LilMissFerret

Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:00 PM
Thank you :) They're pretty happy go lucky little things, and I enjoy them greatly.
unclejoe
Re:Ferret Frenzy :) - Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:29 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages