Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 popping something and outside litter???
dirtautoguy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
popping something and outside litter??? - Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:41 PM
hey! I first off want to say thanks to everyone that has helped us on this forum! some of our posts and questions might be everyday knowledge to you but we are laerning as Farro is our first ferret and we are new to this we dont have any kids yet so he is kind of like our son lol. anyway today when I let Farro out of his cage when I got home from work he went to play with one of the old socks we gave him. he apparently decided that he needed to stash it and proceeded to haul it under my tool box. afterwards I hear what sounded like a broken squeeker that doesnt squeek but makes like a popping noise. My first thought was my wife must have put a squeeker in the sock or something so I checked it out and it was Farro making the noise not the sock. I cant decide if its his teeth or jaw that is popping. I scruffed him and checked out his mouth area and his teeth do seem to rub just a little bit when his mouth is all but closed. and his jaw looks and feels normal. so I let his play some and noticed that the noise was only when he chewed on the socks. he doesnt do it any other time. the other thing I have noticed is that he didnt seem to have a lot of energy today. he acted normal other than he wasnt hyper like usual he wanted to just wander around more than anything. about an hour it was like he finally woke up and wanted to play. I did some research about teeth grinding and read that it usually means he has a upset stomach. I checked his poop it looked normal and stinky like usual, his gums look good, his breath doesnt stink, his teeth look good and we recently cleaned his ears. My thoughts of why he might be acting kind of sluggish is that we usually have his out and active for about 3-4 hours a day. lately he has been getting 5-6 hours a day just because we have been around and able to let him out. so maybe thats just wearing on him. the other two thoughts I had were the other night he found a toy that had been lost under the entertainment center and he thought it was the coolest thing ever apparently. but he got aggressive with it. when you tried to take it from him he would hiss, bark and sometimes bite. so we did some training with giving it to him and taking it away which didnt seem to help but he was pretty irritated could he still be mad over it?? and last but not least he wants to go upstairs but we cant let him do that there are large dogs and open doors up there. could he be mad at us for stopping him every time?? the last thing I wanted to pick your brains about is that he is almost 100% hit in his litter in his cage but when we bring him out that goes out the window. we can tell when he has to go and he knows he isnt supposed to. because he runs from one side of the room to the other over and over untill he thinks you arent looking then tries to potty somewhere. we have put put 6 or 7 litters in probably a 15x12 room (rough guess) but its like he doesnt care and then tries to fight us about going in his litter when we put him in his litter. sorry for the long post but we really appreciate your help and thoughts thanks!!!
dirtautoguy

Re:popping something and outside litter??? - Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:42 PM
sorry I had it in paragraphs but apparently they dont work on here :(
wenmister
Re:popping something and outside litter??? - Friday, July 17, 2015 7:15 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:popping something and outside litter??? - Friday, July 17, 2015 7:51 AM
Member in blocked list
dirtautoguy

Re:popping something and outside litter??? - Friday, July 17, 2015 9:21 PM
hmmm im not sure if thats the sound Im hearing or not. I have about decided its his teeth hitting together because its only when he chews on the socks and its a similar noise if I clack my teeth together. as for the aggressiveness the toy is just a black fabric ball with a white cat face stitched on it. I suppose to him this could look like a kit? maybe? the only other time he acted this way was towards a rubber thing that my mother in law gave him. We took it away because he was aggressive with it and he tried to eat the rubber arms coming off it. (it was NOT a pet toy but rather something out of a quarter machine i think and we explained to her why that wasnt good). he caught on to potty training super fast but not outside his cage. we will keep working on that though. I just feel bad about fighting with him if I dont know if he needs to go but it makes sense he usually goes about every 45 minutes or so and we know when to watch him. He is quite the faker at times too so we really have to watch him and listen.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread