Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Litter...
dirtautoguy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
Litter... - Friday, July 03, 2015 2:27 PM
I know this is going to be about like asking what is the best oil to put in your car but I was some thoughts on different litters. We have had our beloved, crazy Farro for a couple weeks now. we have been using kaytee critter litter training litter. it seems to work pretty good with the smell and we like it. our only issue is we seem to go through it pretty quick. we scoop the litters atleast at night before bed if not twice a day. I was hoping I could just buy it in bulk but I cant find any. My next best guess was the marshall paper litterthat you can buy in a 50lb bag for $30. how has this worked for everyone? with litter? and accuracy of use?? I dont want to switch him and then have issues because of it. could i mix litters or is there a good safe common cat litter that works? i either have to go out of town or order it ferret litter thanks guys
cuddleAferret

• Total Posts : 21
Re:Litter... - Friday, July 03, 2015 3:49 PM
I mostly use yesterday's news, which is made from recycled paper. It is a cat litter, but it is safe for ferrets where it is paper and dust free. It is cheaper than Marshall's litter also. I know it is on sell at petco for about $17 for 30lb bag right now, so that might be good since you use a lot of it. They sell it at some grocery stores too.
tort
Re:Litter... - Saturday, July 04, 2015 3:03 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Litter... - Sunday, July 05, 2015 5:47 PM
Member in blocked list
CharlieandBlaze

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Litter... - Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:00 PM
We also use woodstove pellets, they work great and are really cheap. The pellets just turn to sawdust when they get wet and it controls the smell really well.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread