Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Extremely Possessive Ferret
radspike

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Extremely Possessive Ferret - Sunday, July 05, 2015 2:32 PM
Yesterday evening I got my first ferret ever. Picked her up at Petco and she is around 3mo 2-3weeks old, so still very young. I had done my research before and my mom had ferrets through her life so I felt I was well prepared. At the store she was very sweet, got excited easily but she was the one I wanted. So we brought her home, got her settled into an overnight cage (we are going to get a two story cage for her in a couple of hours) and she was pretty much asleep for the whole night. The car ride home she sat on my lap, didn't try to do much other than relax and poke her head up in order to look out the window or at the car. So this morning she wakes me up with some whining. I got her some food, I've changed her litter, and she knows how to use her water bottle and has done so frequently. She got about two hours of free roam of my room and play time with my parents and I. We've noticed though that she gets very possessive about cloth and clothing. For example, she will completely clamp her teeth onto my sock or my pants and hiss or bark at me when I try to get her off. Im not yanking her and I'm using a stern no, while pressing her mouth open and away with my finger from whatever clothing item she has on me. She's not doing this with any of the towels or with any other items in the room, so I am confused as to why she is so intent on trying to bite into my clothes. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is it something that she might just be using as a play tactic in a new environment? I truly don't want her to be unhappy, and we are all confused by this behavior.

Thanks for future replies.
unclejoe
Re:Extremely Possessive Ferret - Monday, July 06, 2015 7:22 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages