Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Boarding at vet vs staying at home
Murphy0812

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Boarding at vet vs staying at home - Sunday, May 31, 2015 11:51 PM
We are going on vacation in a couple months. We currently have two ferrets, Felix & Layla. Is it best to let them stay at home and have them checked on a couple times a day or board at their vet? We have had them boarded before shortly after getting our girl ferret because we wasn't sure what she was capable of. They allow us to bring there cage, food, etc. and supposedly get them out throughout the day plus they work long hours. Or is it best to let them stay in their own environment? Their room and hallway is ferret proof so they have plenty of room to play. My parents usually check on them twice a day for fresh water and just hang out for a bit when we go out of town. However, this trip will be for a total of 7 days. About the same time we boarded them for last time. I'm just not sure if they will be more depressed only see people a couple times a day or staying in a cage most of the day?
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Boarding at vet vs staying at home - Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:18 AM
If it were me, I'd leave them at home to be checked on.  It'll be less stress for them to be in their quiet home and just being checked on a few times a day for a week, then to be moved completely and into a chaotic environment seeing different people every time.
unclejoe
Re:Boarding at vet vs staying at home - Saturday, June 27, 2015 1:36 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages