Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Suggestions for new foods?
leckyb1

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Suggestions for new foods? - Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:45 PM
I have two ferrets, Pebbles and Ferret Bueller.  We've had them for 1.5 years, and weve been on a roller coaster with the food.  When we got them, they were both on Marshalls food.  We switched them slowly to Evo, which they both took to well at first.  They both loved the food, ate it right away, and became much happier, healthier little boys.  Then, Pebbles started having constant diarrhea.  Our vet was certain it was not due to the food, since he'd been on it for 3 months at the time. We tried antibiotics, Pepto Bismol, and a million other things, but nothing helped.   After a few weeks, he had lost 1/3 of his weight, and we were sure he was going to die. I opened up a bag of Drs. Foster and Smith ferret food that I'd bought as a mix in, and did a full switch of his food.  While I know that I should have done a more gradual switch, I was desperate, and with 12 hours, he had normal stool again.  We then tried to introduce Go! Fit and Free, but it gave Ferret Bueller some loose seedy stool, so we took that out.  We tried Origen, but nobody would eat it! We currently have them on a 50/50 mixture of Drs. Foster and Smith and Wysong Digestive Support.  They've been happy and healthy on it for a year.  My problem now is that Ferret Bueller has started to pick out all of the Wysong, and leave the Fosters for Pebbles.  He will not eat the Fosters now, for some reason.  I called the company, and they said that they haven't changed the formula.  At this point, Ferret Bueller has developed the most incredibly soft, shiny coat, he has so much energy, and he barely smells, while little Pebbles coat is a little rougher and stinkier.  (it used to be the opposite, up until a few weeks ago!) I have been wanting to get them on something grain free instead of the Fosters, but I've been afraid to mess with the diet too much because of what happened to Pebbles, but now that Bueller is hogging all of the healthy food, I want to try to find a better solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd be willing to try the Evo again, and just watch him for a reaction.  Since he was only a baby at the time, I'm thinking maybe his system has developed more and he wont get so sick?  Does anyone have any healthy grain free suggestions to mix in with the wysong?

Thanks!
unclejoe
Re:Suggestions for new foods? - Sunday, May 31, 2015 10:07 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages