Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fixed my "Food Thrower" after 1.5 years
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
Fixed my "Food Thrower" after 1.5 years - Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:34 PM
My girl Toki loves to throw food. She doesn't eat out of bowls, she takes it and throws it all over the cage then eats off the floors. 

In my FN it is only an issue because I use the second half shelf as the eating area and the level below that is for bathroom business. She tends to throw the food so much that the majority of it ends up in the litter boxes or becomes soiled from drippy water.  So she essentially would jam her front legs in and flail and dig and throw it all over the place until nothing was in the bowl. The other two guys were never pleased by this and always looked at me like I wasn't feeding them because they didn't like eating off the cage floor, lol. 

Have tried feeding smaller increments, only coating the bottom of the bowl with food (they only eat kibble, wouldnt touch the meat). Wouldn't be so bad if the food wasn't expensive, so we finally tried this different bowl and it's been working. She hasn't thrown food all week.

Figured I'd share incase anyone else was frustrated by this habit, lol. 

Link to petco version

Though if you do need to try this, dont tighten it too much as it may crack since plastic (husband hulked it) 

Pictures in the cage 

(the culprit was the white one) 

<message edited by Seelen on Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:36 PM>
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Fixed my "Food Thrower" after 1.5 years - Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:15 AM
Lucky you! This bowl makes my ferret worse about throwing food out, since she wants to be able to eat without having to reach for food.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread