Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 need help, seedy poops / diarrhea
fuzzyferngulley

• Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:17 PM
So I have 5 ferrets. Got the first one in October and have added the rest since then. Last boy I got almost 2 mos. Ago. They were on 8-1 crunchy, Marshall's, totally ferret active, totally ferret turkey/vension and zupreem at the rescue so I kept the diet. Well they all had seedy poops and some times diarrhea.but mostly seedy poops. So 3 weeks ago or so I decided to change to better diets. Now they are on orijen cat, evo cat, wysong digestive support. At first I had them in seperate bowls. Today I just started to mix them. Even on this diet they continue to have seedy poops and some diarrhea. Granted the switch was not as gradual as it should have been, shame on me I know but What is going on? What do I do? Shouldn't they be use to these foods by now? Are these foods to rich for them? Oh I forgot, for their soup, I use 3-4 cups mixed kibble, 1 tbsp salmon oil, 1 tbsp pro bio tics, and a venison cubes with 5-6 cups water all blended. The pro bio tics is from a feed and seed store for dogs, cats, horses, etc. What could be the problem?  Is it just these foods are richer than what they're use too?  I am at a loss here.... 
Current fuzzies: Ferngulley , Clementine, Clyde , Casper, Rose

Plus: 6 rats, 4 cats, 3 dogs, 2 turtles

unclejoe
Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:30 AM
Member in blocked list
fuzzyferngulley

Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:56 AM
I have always added the pro bio tics to their soup b/c the lady at the rescue told me too. But I will definitely cut it out to see if it helps. I just want to see them have normal poops for a change. They've never had normal poops since I got them. I thought they were normal for them until I got my boy Casper who has totally normal beautiful poops,  but even his are now becoming somewhat seedy. Thanks. Will keep updated. 

unclejoe
Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:58 PM
Member in blocked list
fuzzyferngulley

Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Sunday, June 14, 2015 11:32 PM
Thanks uncle Joe.  I didn't know that so I will stop the pro bio tics. I'm sure they occasionally have seedy poops at the rescue. Should I narrow down to just 2 foods,  maybe the wysong ds and orijen?  Are 3 different kinds could be contributing? They have loose seedy poops, then next time will be normal seedy poops.just goes back and forth. also all of my fuzzies have lost weight. They all seem to skinny to me. Skinnier now than when I got them. (started getting them in October) plus my adrenal boy Fern has lost a significant amount of weight. He is skin and bones. So surgery isn't am option right now. He was on melatonin implants and when he started losing weight the rescue lady suggested Lupron inj. Instead. Which haven't seen a difference. I see others ferrets and they are nice and plump. What am I doing wrong? 

unclejoe
Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Monday, June 15, 2015 3:14 PM
Member in blocked list
fuzzyferngulley

Re:need help, seedy poops / diarrhea - Monday, June 22, 2015 1:25 PM
I was putting the probiotics in their soup. I have stopped the probiotics and evo for a week now and still same seedy poops. So now they are just on wysong digestive support and orijen. Their soup is mix kibble,  1 tsp salmon oil, 1 venison cube,  water blended. Poops are still seedy. Also pretty sure my adrenal boy may have bowel disease but not sure because his stools vary. What food is recommended for a ferret with bowel disease ?if he gets diagnosed with it. and what should I do about seedy poops now?  I'm giving them the best kibble. I don't understand.... 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages