Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hello from Ireland!
rortman

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Hello from Ireland! - Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:18 PM
Hello everyone, new to this forum and to becoming a farent!! I currently live in Dublin, Ireland where ferrets are legal! (I grew up in California and have never seen one until moving here) I am in my 2nd year of veterinary school in Dublin and was so excited at the opportunity to rescue a 3 year old albino male, Joey, from Irelands largest ferret rescue group. 

I have done, and continue to do, a TON of research and believe in the one week I have had a great experience with my first ferret. He is already castrated, potty trained and extremely friendly! 

I do come here with a few questions and hope this forum could be of help!! In an effort to keep Joey's smell down I have done everything this forum usually recommends (changing bedding 1-2x a week, cleaning out his litter box maybe 2-4x a day, I only plan to give him baths sparingly). My major issue is finding high quality food to give him. Ireland is not the greatest place in the world for the top care for companion animals though it is getting a lot better. I found http://ferretedu.weebly.com/ferret-food-chart.html which is amazing and I would buy the top brands of food immediately if it were not for the fact that they are not shipped internationally... Any ideas where I can find high quality kibble in the UK or even in Europe? 

To follow that food question, I am very interested to feed both raw and kibble diet (thinking of keeping kibble in the morning when I have to leave early for class, and then supplement with kibble and raw in the evenings). Is feeding both raw and kibble advisable? And to follow that I am finding it difficult to figure out how to properly make a raw food diet or what parts to truly order from my local butcher? 

Thanks in advance for any and all responses/help! 

bandit99
Re:Hello from Ireland! - Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:58 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Hello from Ireland! - Sunday, May 24, 2015 9:25 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages