Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Young ferret diet suggestions...
kriegs13

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Young ferret diet suggestions... - Thursday, May 07, 2015 12:30 AM
Hello all,
  This is my first post on this forum; also my first time having the fortune of a ferret in my life. I picked this 4 month old sprite (I believe this is the proper term) from the pet shop recently and couldn't be more thrilled. There will be some interesting training challenges in the near future, considering that I am pretty sure that she is deaf, but that is beside the point. I am interested in my options as far as her diet is concerned. I am a chef in a high end restaurant and have access to a wide variety of animal "trim". This includes bones, meat, fat, and organs of various organic proteins (chicken, rabbit, beef, veal, pork, lamb, etc.). I have read a number of recipes which all vary as far as how often to give it said dish and whether or not to give it as a treat or as a "meal". I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on tried and true recipes whether they be treats or diet standards. Thanks in advance from the little one and myself!

Brian
wenmister
Re:Young ferret diet suggestions... - Thursday, May 07, 2015 6:38 AM
Member in blocked list
kriegs13

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Young ferret diet suggestions... - Thursday, May 07, 2015 8:18 PM
Thank you for the links! I don't necessarily want to keep her on a strict raw diet, but would definitely like to keep her options varied. It also seems silly to not take advantage of all the raw product which I have available to me. The duck soup will be a definite go. Other than that I suppose I will play around with some of what I have as treats or additions to her kibble. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread