Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wysong Ferret Digestive Support?
Raina415

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Friday, April 24, 2015 3:26 PM
Seeing how my poor Ramsey is having some health issues, I was thinking of maybe trying Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? Or would changing his diet right now be a bad choice? Right now, he is going in for his final blood testing to determine if he has Insulinoma or not (Luckily he didn't have Aleutian disease). I know for insulinoma ferrets must have a high quality and rich diet, and must be eating more frequently. 

Right now Ramsey is on Performatrin Ultra and he's never done any better with other brands of foods. I have tried Zupreem, 8 in 1 Ultra, Go! Fit & Free, Orijen, and Wellness Core and he only did great on this diet. He's always never been the healthiest little guy, and has a very sensitive stomach. I have heard great things about Wysong Ferret food though, and I'm thinking of giving it a try despite it's price.

Problem is, I live in a small city in Ontario and I haven't been able to find a successful retailer that carries ferret food. Wysong brand yes, but not for ferrets. None of them had a distributor to order it in either... Strange if you ask me. Anyone know where I could possibly purchase it? I looked on their official website and they only shipped within the states... I live in Canada.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
Re:Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Saturday, April 25, 2015 12:42 AM
glad to hear he doesn't have Aleutians disease, hopefully he feels better soon. I couldnt tell you about the diet switching, others members' opinions would help. I've tried to get wysong products with no luck, I am in Alberta, I don't think they ship to Canada directly from the website. I can get to Calgary pet lands and petsmarts but still nothing, I remember someone posting a link in a previous post to get wysong. I'll try and find it. Best I have found is evo grain free ferret food at peatland, it's a pretty high score on the kibble chart, but I don't know how a ferret with a sensitive stomach would handle it, I'll try n find that link.
wenmister
Re:Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:03 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Saturday, April 25, 2015 10:25 AM
Member in blocked list
Raina415

• Total Posts : 20
Re:Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Saturday, April 25, 2015 5:18 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses!

I haven't looked into Nature's Variety... but I have heard that their raw instinct diet (?) is quite good. I'm looking for a grain free and starch free diet, which I hear Wysong is the only one...
wenmister
Re:Wysong Ferret Digestive Support? - Saturday, April 25, 2015 6:28 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages