Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Litter Box Setup
AnkleBiter

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Litter Box Setup - Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:48 PM
I have been covering the bottom of my cage with fresh news small animal litter and leaving the door open for them to use as a litter box (I let them roam around my room) lately they've been great and will run in to use it, and when I see them doing this I'll use my clicker, praise them, and give them some furovite. It's been working but there's still a few mishaps here and there. I was wondering what your guy's litter box setups are like!
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Litter Box Setup - Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:42 AM
In the ferret area I have 2 litter boxes that they don't like to use, then I  have sheets of lanoleium cut out over the carpet where they like to go, with news paper over top that I change when they go on it. That's five newspaper spots and 2 litter boxes. I've learned instead o constantly trying to train them to go in one or two spots ( litter boxes), outsmart them and poopproof the spots they DO go on... Of course every now and then they surprise even the most vigilant ferret humans ... Rrhhggg!! But hey, if you can train them to constantly use the litter box without fail (ah the American ferret dream)you are a gem among ferret owners. 
unclejoe
Re:Litter Box Setup - Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:02 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages