Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :(
hayleybaeee

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :( - Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:00 PM
I just got a 4 month old ferret and I have been having major issues trying to litter train him. I took everything out of his cage and made it all one level, lined the bottom with a fleece blanket, put his box in one corner, food in one, water in one, and his bed in the other. He is STILL pooing outside the box. He poos by his FOOD and INSIDE his water bowl. I'm starting to think he is hopeless....does anyone have a technique I'm missing? I am at a loss here. He is also VERY vocal. I let him out of his cage plenty of times during the day, yet he screams and makes these awful noises at night. I can't even get a good night's sleep. And I can't move his cage out of my room. I live with people.
wenmister
Re:Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :( - Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:31 PM
Member in blocked list
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :( - Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:11 PM
I'm actually still struggling with this, also. They're finally showing promise outside of the cage but inside the cage? Messy messy! My one in particular poops on fleece near the litter boxes and the other two have one blankey they like to poop on too. I just put an additional box in there, will see how that goes. 
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :( - Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:13 PM
First thing you should look into getting him a ferret friend to keep him company. Just really isn't fair to the lil guys not to have furry companions. Having other ferrets also in my experience helps them to train each other. If one ferret knows how to use the box then the other ferret will catch on.

Being a kit it can take a while to train and he's only been with you a short time. Most ferrets take to it quickly but some stubborn guys can take forever. Just make sure to clean the cage every day and check the food and water bowls often for poop and remove it immediately but always keep at least one poop in the litter box.  When you clean the cage make sure not to use any cleaner with ammonia as this might attract to peeing or pooping in that spot. 
unclejoe
Re:Baby ferret issues...PLEASE help :( - Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:14 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages