Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Salutations from Buffalo
RaenFall

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Salutations from Buffalo - Sunday, March 22, 2015 12:51 PM
Hello!

I live in Buffalo and I have had my first ferret, Tandy, for almost a year now. I just picked up a new kit I'm calling 'Hal'.

And yes.

<message edited by RaenFall on Sunday, March 22, 2015 1:01 PM>
bandit99
Re:Salutations from Buffalo - Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:00 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Salutations from Buffalo - Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:37 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Salutations from Buffalo - Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:43 PM
Member in blocked list
RaenFall

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Salutations from Buffalo - Friday, March 27, 2015 12:48 AM
Hehe, thanks!

I just got Hal on Saturday. Tandy just turned one year old this month.

I've been taking Hal everywhere with me. To classes at college, even. I noticed he seemed a bit unhappy on Sunday and by Monday morning I called my vet to move up his initial checkup to an emergency slot. Turns out he's got an infection from some food poisoning, probably picked it up before he arrived at the shop I got him at seeing as they only had him for two days before I picked him up. I've been giving him his medicine regularly since Monday evening and Thursday morning was the first morning he didn't wake up wailing and crying from tummy-aches. He's become much happier and bouncier and he's eating like a little beast! I'm so glad he's feeling better.

I'm keeping him and Tandy apart for a few weeks, till he's cleared by the vet. I had let them sniff each other and I snapped a quick pic of them in my arms the first day I brought him home, before I noticed he seemed ill. Tandy is fine. She likes him and she seems very curious as to why he isn't allowed to come play with her. Whenever I come home from classes with him, she is eager to come out and I thought she was happy to see me. So I put him in his cage and let her out.. Little bratty girl wasn't interested in me at all and wanted very badly to go look for his cage and see if she could sniff him. I can't wait till I can let them play together. Hopefully she won't be too much of a mean big sister to little Hal.

All of my professors, all the college security guards, the bookshop manager, the college PR guy, the Janitors, and even the college chef all love Tandy and Hal. I've been bringing Tandy in occasionally all year. I've become 'that girl with the ferret(s)'. Some people remember Tandy's name and don't even bother remembering mine. Haha..

:) Here's a quick paint I did in PS of Hal while he was sleeping on my desk this week:

unclejoe
Re:Salutations from Buffalo - Friday, March 27, 2015 7:13 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages