Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Being Cautious
Love4Ferrets

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
Being Cautious - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:39 AM
I've had 2 other ferrets in the past. I used clumpy littler and they ate kitten cat chow. They both lived for seven years. Now that I have this little one I am a nervous reck. All the do's and don't's on the internet  has me about crazy. I worry if I give her enough play time. Because she in a cage upstairs and her play area is down in the basement. I know that they can get colds now so every time she sneezes I get worried. I know that I am being bit cautious, but I just never researched as much about them. I just wish that I could relax and enjoy her as I did the others.
 So I am using the horse  pine pellets for littler. Which is cheaper in the long run for ferret and cat. And I buy good ferret food. Maybe it is my age because I was younger when I had the others. But a ferret is my favorite pet....She is just a bundle of energy and fun. 
bandit99
Re:Being Cautious - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:46 AM
Member in blocked list
Love4Ferrets

Re:Being Cautious - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:16 AM
Thanks that makes me feel so much better....I will have to get that book. Just like changing her food it worried me so much that she would get ulcers. I never heard of so much stuff in all my life. I still mix her other food with the older food because of it. It has only been about 2 weeks thou. I just love my little baby so much....I want the best for her. 
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Being Cautious - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:05 PM
If you're worried about her getting enough play and activity maybe a friend would help. They are very social and need ferret companionship that we just give them. You may not be there 24/7 like they need. Especially at a young age they need other ferrets to help teach them dos and don'ts. And trust me we all get that am I doing the best stressed out feeling. I pamper my ferts and they live better than I do! ha. Just relax and browse the forums. And also check out the holstic forum they have a huge wealth of knowledge.
unclejoe
Re:Being Cautious - Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:13 PM
Member in blocked list
Love4Ferrets

Re:Being Cautious - Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:50 PM
Have been thinking about that very thing...but I am not sure that my husband will go for it. I know that I can not buy another one. My daughter bought her for me. But I would like to adopt one. Also we are both on fixed incomes and if something would happen to one of them...There is the vet bills...Just curious how could I find out about adopting a ferret? Do you know if they are expensive to adopt? I just love ferrets they have so much energy and so loving. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread