Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 howdy from wyoming!
dirtautoguy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
howdy from wyoming! - Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:41 PM
hello! this is my wife and I. we actually dont have a ferret but thats actually where we were hoping that you could help us. We really want a ferret they are so cute and fun. we both owned one when we were younger. mine was an albino one named wee wee I loved her to death but she started making my cloths and my room and everything stink. my Mom made me get rid of her so I gave her to a family friend that takes really good care of her. My wife's was a family pet and her whole family says the same thing that they stink. but then neither of us or our families knew the power of the enternet and knew the things that can help keep a ferret from stinking so bad. As we understand there will always be a natural musky smell, but I think that comes with any animal that you own there will always be a smell. some of the things we have read that are. 1. diet is a big one 2.bathing INfrequently 3.clean litter 4.goodbye odor stuff 5.happiness 6. ferret shampoo or baby shampoo 7. spritz deoderant stuff is there anything that i'm missing? I have read really good things on the goodbye odor stuff but I also have read really bad stuff. has anyone on here used it with good results or bad results? like I said we both really want one but we dont want to be known as "that" family that stinks or that is overpowering. I have read that really if you take care of them they are no worse than a dog but I want to know is this true? we can handle the presence smell we are just scared of a really strong smell. Thank you so much for your help :) we appreciate it.
unclejoe
Re:howdy from wyoming! - Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:31 PM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:howdy from wyoming! - Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:18 AM
Member in blocked list
dirtautoguy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
Re:howdy from wyoming! - Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:20 PM
Thank you. I appreciate the help. everyone we talk to the first thing they say is they stink! but these people say they just fed them the cheapest kitten or ferret food they could. yikes!!!! if we get one we plan on feeding it wysong or something similar. we still dont know when we will be able to get a fuzzy but we would sure like one. we just want to make sure we can take care of him or her before we do :)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread