Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hello!
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Hello! - Friday, March 06, 2015 10:22 AM
Hey guys!

I used to be on this forum under RascalsMommy, but have since lost my information and it's been forever, so trying this again! 

I'm Jess, I live in the frozen tundra of Canada with my four ferrets.  I could sit here and talk all day about myself, but I know y'all just came in for the ferrets, so I'll leave it to say I'm Jess and I'm awesome ;)

This is Ella.  She's three and a half years old, and came to me as an eight-month-old almost three years ago.  She was bought as a pet for a six year old, but the kid quickly got bored and she sat in the basement without interaction for six months before coming to me.  She's the queen around here, and makes sure everyone knows it!
IMG_8828 by JessLough, on Flickr

Next is Nacho, one of my special needs fosters.  He's around eight years old, and came to me two years ago after his owner accepted a job on a cruise ship, meaning she wasn't home for eight months at a time, and her mother could no longer keep him.  Shortly after taking him in as a foster, we discovered he's both adrenal and has stomach cancer.  He lives in the top section of the cage by himself, as he doesn't like others in his cage (though loves to play with them when running around the house!)  He's the favourite and he knows it.
IMG_9020 by JessLough, on Flickr

Next, we have Apollo, another of my special needs fosters.  He's five and a half years old, came to me at the end of November, after medical problems forced his owners into surrendering him.  It quickly became obvious he was adrenal, and recently got his hair back after starting treatment.  He came in not knowing how to play, but he's learning to be a ferret, watching the progression is amazing. He's a super sweet guy who just wants to cuddle with his ladies.
IMG_9073 by JessLough, on Flickr

Finally, we have Summer, the last of my special needs fosters.  She's five and a half years old, and came to me New Year's Eve.  Her old owner didn't have time for her, and knew the care I gave my ferrets, so asked if I specifically could take her.  She was described as super happy and sweet, and that's exactly what she is.
IMG_8988 by JessLough, on Flickr

We got super lucky in that they all love each other (Ella and Nacho can both be super picky, Ella moreso), so a few pictures of them together!  I've not been brave enough to try all four together, yet.  Most of the time, they just break into play.
(Nacho/Summer)
IMG_8999 by JessLough, on Flickr

(Ella/Apollo)
IMG_9081 by JessLough, on Flickr

Ella/Summer)
IMG_8945 by JessLough, on Flickr
bandit99
Re:Hello! - Saturday, March 07, 2015 3:41 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Hello! - Saturday, March 07, 2015 7:12 AM
Member in blocked list