Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My ferrets don't act like ferrets?
jcbro

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
My ferrets don't act like ferrets? - Saturday, February 28, 2015 1:04 PM
Compared to my old pair (who hissed, played, grunted, chased me, played tag with me, etc. from the first day I brought them home) these two just seem to not act like ferrets?

They don't make noises, they don't play with me, or one another, they kind of just wander, dig at the carpet, poop, then go to sleep. They're adopted and I don't know their exact age, but they're between 2-4 years old. 

I've owned them for about 2 weeks. They played the first day I brought them home, then poof! They're just kind of... mellow. 

The female is deaf, would that be a factor? The male has no issues, however.
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
Re:My ferrets don't act like ferrets? - Friday, March 06, 2015 10:44 AM
Do you act like every other human being?

Every ferret is an individual.  They aren't all going to act the same.  I have four currently, and other than maybe for a few minutes as soon as they all come out, they mostly ignore each other other than to cuddle and sleep.  My oldest just comes out and finds a sleep spot to drag another ferret into and sleep.

It's possible that the ferrets are on the older side of that range, and are 4 years old and settling down.

**DISCLAIMER: Sleeping a lot and general fatigue can be a sign of an illness.  I say what I did assuming they've been checked by a vet and are healthy**
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:My ferrets don't act like ferrets? - Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:57 PM
I'm guessing they were in a previous home. They could have been abused or not socialized but as said general fatigue means a trip to the vet is needed. it's a symptom of most ferret diseases. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread