Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!!
zeshi

• Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:15 AM
please help my lil Hiei has been upchucking food.i dont think its vomit cus there is no bile or foam. but hes been doing it for two days randomly. he is not lethargic or refusing water. he plays with his older brother Chii with out problems.we currently dont have vet since there is non in our area so while i look for one any advice would be helpful.
doobie dink

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:04 AM
A little bit more information would be helpful. Is he eating? If so, is he keeping some of the food down? What do his poops look like? I am wanting to know if his symptoms suggest a blockage.
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:30 AM
he is eating but i dont know how much he still likes to play with his food more than eat it. up until tonight he had normal kit sized poops. i noticed the one he had this evening was small and thin. iv given him a small amount of the ferret lax that i give to chii. im currently waiting to see when he goes again. he has not had any issues playing or tenderness of the belly. he is drinking water (swimming mostly) but he is drinking regularly still.
doobie dink

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:34 AM
Is he still vomiting? Lack of vomiting could mean lack of eating much. I am still strongly suggesting that you need to be aware of a possible blockage which could be life threating. I think it is imperative that you find a ferret knowledgeable vet. Let us know your general area and perhaps others can help. Can someone else chime in on this and give some suggestions? If it is a blockage, time is of the essence. Please don't delay.
unclejoe
Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:14 PM
Member in blocked list
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:48 PM
Iv taken hiei to the vet. They found some kind of granulated something in her stomach there not sure what it is. They've asked that she be quarantined for the night to make sure she's eating if she vomits again or does not eat hiei goes back to the vet .iv been given some meds to help with her stomach.
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:49 PM
Also found our that he is a she ... tiny ferrets are hard to tell sometimes lol
wenmister
Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:57 PM
Member in blocked list
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:38 PM
i have she has not eaten anything. she was brought back to the vet today,i was given some not so good news. if she doesnt have a blockage. she may have IBC or lymphoma. the ultra sound didnt show gas backup like a blockage would. but it didnt look good looked dark ...so im kinda at a loss for what to do...
unclejoe
Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:24 PM
Member in blocked list
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:29 PM
under 4 months im getting the feeling that i was sold a very sick lil ferret... i can deal with the IBD. but i cant cover the cost to find out if it is cancer...i made the mistake of getting her from petco... but only after months of trying to adopt one.
unclejoe
Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:06 AM
Member in blocked list
zeshi

Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Sunday, March 15, 2015 11:20 AM
we still have no idea what is wrong with her but petco is reimbursing us and footing the bills from here on out.
unclejoe
Re:4 month old ferret vomiting/regurgitating food!!! - Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:29 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message