Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Older ferret diet
LoveeMyFuzzy

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Older ferret diet - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:29 PM
My ferret is now four years old! I would like to start feeding him a food that is not as high in protein but is still a good food! What foods are a good choice for older ferrets? Any suggestions would help, thanks! 😄
wenmister
Re:Older ferret diet - Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:17 AM
Member in blocked list
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
Re:Older ferret diet - Friday, March 06, 2015 10:29 AM
Are you getting the "lower protein for older animals" from dogs?  Remember that dogs are not obligate carnivores, while ferrets are.  Ferrets do not need a lower protein diet when they get older.

My ferrets are all fed the same food throughout their life -- a high quality grainfree kibble.  If anything, I'd stress the importance of a high quality diet for older ferrets to try and keep health issues away.
FerretGodMother

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Older ferret diet - Saturday, March 07, 2015 8:19 AM
Greetings from the FerretGodMother !  Our oldest ferret, "Candy" now 7+ years had started loosing vigor, until we discovered a feeding trick using her Shep & Greene Adult formula.  Place 1-tablespoon of kibble in a small bowl with 1-oz of water, nuke 30 seconds in the microwave, let it cool to a warm temp  and presto, instant solution.  Her teeth and mouth had become sensitive and she was not eating, so when we discovered this trick over a year ago, she began to take on weight, and although she eats 4-6 servings (like this) per day, her health has improved and the old girl is really doing well!  Please share this with the forum, and good luck with your Old Ferrets  FGM 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread