Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What's your favorite ferret shampoo?
AmbitiousAmanda

• Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:26 PM
For the times when my fuzzies need a wash, because you know how they are.... 
What's your favorite shampoo? I currently have one from the original owner that's by Marshalls, and the smell is very strong, and one of my fuzzies has more dry skin than the other so I really don't like using it. It's finally empty, (I got the bottle about 1/4th filled over a year ago). So.. I'm wondering what you guys use if/when you guys wash your fuzzies. 
wenmister
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:56 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:57 AM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 107
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:17 PM
I really like baby shampoo! It seems to make them a lot less itchy than other shampoos, plus its tearless! ;p
AmbitiousAmanda

• Total Posts : 14
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Monday, February 16, 2015 11:23 PM

wenmister
I don't have preference in shampoo's.  I usually have few bottles in the house...this is due to winning raffle items at a ferret event.  If they need a bath, I just grab a bottle of shampoo.  If your fuzzie has dry skin.  You might want to look at his/her environment and diet.  How warm do you keep your home?  What type of food do you feed  your ferrets?  This is something to think about.  I hope this helps

Oh, sweet! I thought maybe the regular shampoos are a little harsh, but I'm not sure, so I figured I'd ask what you guys use. :P

I live in an apartment right now, where we do not have control over the heat. It's pretty warm, but I'm not sure the exact temperature. It's comfortable enough to sit in shorts and a t-shirt mid winter, if that helps any.

One of my fuzzies has dry skin, but they're both the same with the itchiness. I'm not sure if he's just got more sensitive skin or what. They  both eat the Wysong Epigen 90 Digestive Support, although I was thinking about mixing it with a little kitten food for a mix of something.

Thank you so much for the help! (And grats on winning raffle items!! :D )

wenmister

How often do you bathen your ferrets?

I wash them both about once a month. Is that too much or too little? I think I read in the "ferrets for dummies" that that's what he recommended; but I'm not even sure any more- I read a lot of stuff from different places on the web when I got these guys. The only time I'll end up washing them more is if one of them decides it's a fun idea to roll around in the litter box.... into their poop. =_=;
Sometimes it's less though, once every two months, depending. I try not to wash them too much but I don't want to wash them too little either. D:

Meechysmum92

I really like baby shampoo! It seems to make them a lot less itchy than other shampoos, plus its tearless! ;p

This is a great idea, too! Thanks for this!
unclejoe
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:12 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:29 PM
Member in blocked list
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:What's your favorite ferret shampoo? - Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:00 PM
stick with salmon oil as feratone isn't as safe. I use an oatmeal baby shampoo. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread