Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferrets Room and cat
Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 117
  • Reward points : 0
Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:21 AM
So after 3 days of extremely hard work, ripping up carpet, laying down tile. Ferret proofing the closet, and making a swinging door for the door way, I finished my turned my spare room into the boys room last week. They love it, are doing great, hardly sleep in the cage at all since I leave it open now. The problem is.... As of yesterday my cat has decide to jump in and out of the room and use their extra litter boxes that are in corners. I don't know what his problem is, he has his own litter box, and a bigger one at that. I don't know if it's his way of retaliation of all the times they've tortured him or what, but I need an idea of how to get him to stop this........ anyone ever went through this and have some advice? lol
wenmister
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:17 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:20 PM
Member in blocked list
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:10 PM
I have 2 cats but they don't use the ferrets litter although they sometimes do eat their food. I have 16 ferrets loose in the ferret room so the cats don't stay in one spot to long or the ferrets surround them so maybe that is why they don't use them.
Jfranks85

Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:20 PM
Yea they are refusing to use the box that he's been using. And he's not even using both of the room boxes, just one of them. But now my boys are being little brats are now using the floor in front of the door. I'm so mad, they were doing absolutely wonderful in their new room!! No accidents once I got the litter boxes in there, and the cat wasn't bothering them at all! Now a little more then a week later and this is happening. It doesn't help that everytime Spunky (the cat) goes in there, he's knocking over their extra bowl of water I have outside the cage.
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:02 PM
Try using a heavy ceramic bowl for a water bowl in the room neither cat ferrets or dog can knock over the ones I have for the ferrets in their room. I also keep food in one too although they also have food and water inside their cages. I also have litters both in their cages that are always open plus outside the cages.
Jfranks85

Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:25 PM
They have 2 litter boxes in the cage, and 2 in the room. They also have their food and extra water in the cage, but an extra bowl in the room. Believe it or not, the extra bowl is a heavy ceramic, but my cat is HUGE. I left out of here last night to stay with the BF, and I took the bedroom door that we had taken off the hinges, and propped it up against the swinging door we had. By the time I got home today, yea it had stopped Spunky from going in there, but I hated doing it. I don't know what to do about this, it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't make such a mess in the room, and they would actually use the box to. But they aren't, grrrrr
unclejoe
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:28 PM
Member in blocked list
fuzzyferngulley

• Total Posts : 39
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:22 PM
Don't really have advice on what to do but in similar situation my self. My ferrets have their own room and I crack the door to let them come and go as they please. Bit my cats won't stay out of their room. My cats eat their food,  use their litter boxes which is really annoying cause the fuzz Butt's don't like to use the box after the cats have used them... I don't blame them. And in general think the ferrets room is the coolest  thing... Plus it annoys me,  so bonus for the cats.. Lol. 😞I need to find a solution to keep my cats out of their room as well, but need the fuzzies to be able to come and go as they please. Thought about baby gates at door but cats would just jump over. one thing I did do for in front of the door is : they have plastic runners that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowe's. I use that in front of the door so if they potty,  at least it's not on the carpet and it just wipes up
<message edited by fuzzyferngulley on Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:26 PM>
Current fuzzies: Ferngulley , Clementine, Clyde , Casper, Rose

Plus: 6 rats, 4 cats, 3 dogs, 2 turtles

Jfranks85

Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Friday, January 30, 2015 5:06 AM
UncleJoe, I ripped out the carpet and laid down tile. Looks pretty good. I'm going to have to try to post pics in the next few days. As for being restricted from going through the door, they had never been in this room at all before. They had been restricted to only the living room. We took the main door off the bedroom frame and made a swinging door that's about waist high.
unclejoe
Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Friday, January 30, 2015 7:25 AM
Member in blocked list
Jfranks85

Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Friday, January 30, 2015 9:59 AM
hmmm, I don't know. He's close to 20lbs. I guarantee it. I think when I get some money I may just get another board and make the door a lil taller. But he jumps clear onto my dresser and up into the closet so I doubt that will work. He doesn't bother them at all, which surprises me, just goes in, potties and leaves.... he's a pain lol
Jfranks85

Re:Ferrets Room and cat - Friday, January 30, 2015 10:00 AM
Oh and thank you very much UncleJoe. I'm actually pretty proud of it. I was supposed to have help and didn't have it for the most part, so I think I did pretty good lol

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread