Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets?
ZombieSlayerChick

• Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets? - Friday, December 19, 2014 7:22 PM
I'm new to owning a ferret, and i haven't been able to find a feed that im happy with, right now i have my 3 month old female, Latte, on a mix of "uncle jims "original" duk soup mix" for ferrets, mixed with dry food( soaked in warm water so she can eat it easier since shes still a bebe) that pet food center feeds their ferrets, who always seem to be happy and healthy, with nice coats and high energy, and also a bit of "8 in 1 soft moist advanced nutrition diet for ferrets" as well,( not much choice for food where i am, though i still have one more shop that sells ferrets to check out, but i wouldn't consider them very concerned about their animals well being seeing the way they keep theirs, im not a fan of the first 6 ingredients of this brand ) I'd love any advice on what to feed my precocious little Latte :) EDIT: Oh! and price isn't really a problem, i don't think anyways, my mom and i have fallen in love with miss Latte already, shes the sweetest little gal, and we want to give her the best possible diet cause we want to have her for as long as possible :)
<message edited by ZombieSlayerChick on Friday, December 19, 2014 8:08 PM>
First time ferrent =)
unclejoe
Re:best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets? - Friday, December 19, 2014 8:13 PM
Member in blocked list
ZombieSlayerChick

Re:best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets? - Friday, December 19, 2014 8:38 PM
thanks! ive been checking out wysong ferret epigen 90... i'm thinking i might go with it and mix with the duck soup and kibble i have right now to transaction her over to it, the more im looking into the 8 in 1 i have right now the more i dislike it, i might also check out raw/ cooked diets.
First time ferrent =)
TomHeretic

• Total Posts : 46
Re:best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets? - Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:49 AM
I just ordered some Epigen 90 digestive support for my kibble eater Summer, it is really good. I used it to transition her off of Marshall's premium last year. I'm going to mix it with her Orijen, Zupreem, and Nature's Variety Duck blend. Do you plan on phasing out the duk soup too? She won't need that with the higher quality kibble. If you are interested in raw I have lots of info and stories to share! The 3 babies in my profile pic have been on raw exclusively for almost 2 years. They started on a B.A.R.F. style commercial diet and now eat more of a ground Prey Model Raw style diet.
ZombieSlayerChick

Re:best moist or hard kibble diet for ferrets? - Saturday, January 03, 2015 10:59 AM
I did faise out the duck soup, she's been on the epigen 90 mix and so far so good :) I bought the digestive support as I kept hearing they changed the original formula and that thieves the closest to the original. 
First time ferrent =)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message