Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Color Pattern behavioral traits?
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Thursday, December 04, 2014 8:45 PM
OK so i might be crazy, but there seems to be a continuing pattern in the seven ferrets I have owned. My first two where a roan mitt, and a DEW. They stole my stuff, but it was never really an issue. Cuete had his favorite toys that he liked to steal, but never really stole any of my stuff, besides tempting latex laden objects of course. Flaca the same. When I got Chicha (first sable) 2 years later, she stole so much stuff compared to the other 2, it was ridiculous. She loved to make my life as inconvenient as possible too, just a little hellraiser. I got Tex (sable) 6 months later, and he was a little more chill because he was older and sick, but he loved to take things like chicha!, he took coin rollers and plastic wrappers and wierd packaging material! Then this summer i got Tater (champagne) and OTis (sable) Tater likes his toys and stuff but stealing isnt an issue, but Otis has got to be the most theiving ferret I have ever encountered, he takes footballs, ferret beds, acorn squashes, shoes, cans of tuna, kneepads, almost anyhting his little mouth can carry. So my question is are sable ferrets more susceptible to stealing your things??! does anybody else have this problem? I know they hoard things, but the masked bandit colored ones seem to live up to it! Also I think they like to cause more trouble. And Both my champagne ferrets I have owned where super calm when you picked them up (for ferrets), and just love to cuddle. Maybe just coincidence?
unclejoe
Re:Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Friday, December 05, 2014 8:48 AM
Member in blocked list
fuzzyferngulley

• Total Posts : 39
Re:Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Friday, December 05, 2014 1:56 PM
Annabell I believe is a silver, she loves to hide stuffed animals. Clementine , not sure what she is, maybe a blaze? She likes to stash my dogs food all over the house. I dont ever see her eat it, and she doesnt do it with her food, just my dog food. And ferngully is a sable. He is so laid back and lazy, he doesnt do anything....lol!!
Current fuzzies: Ferngulley , Clementine, Clyde , Casper, Rose

Plus: 6 rats, 4 cats, 3 dogs, 2 turtles

unclejoe
Re:Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Friday, December 05, 2014 7:38 PM
Member in blocked list
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Tuesday, December 09, 2014 4:24 PM
Sables are what mill breeders breed for as they are one of the "favorites". This means they will throw any two sables together in a cage to breed and not care about any bad genetics or habits. Which is why from my experience sables have the highest chance of being deaf along with albinos. So these bad habits might go along with that as many habits are built in genetic traits. 
wenmister
Re:Color Pattern behavioral traits? - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:10 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages