Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pray for Meechy
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 107
  • Reward points : 0
Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:34 PM
Hi guys,
Busy couple days....3 days ago I went into Meechys room and noticed 3 piles of vomit. He was still acting like himself so i thought nothing of it. 2 days ago he was acting sleepier than usual...lethargic almost...yesterday I came home from work and grabbed him, and noticed diarhia on his bum whih is extremely unusual for him, and he is a clean boy. I called the vet and they said bring him in asap. They gave him fluids under the skin as he was dehydrated. They gave him barrium orally. This morning ai noticed a tiny tiny white poop but that was all. Still no eating or drinking, only sleeping. I am on my way bsck to the vet for an xray to find out if he has swallowed a foreign object that is trapped in his tummy. 300 dollars already...if he needs surgery it will be 800-1300, which I cannot afford but ai will make it work as I will do anything for my boy. I feel so guilty, like i dod something wrong. The vet reasured me last night that even vets who own ferrets cannot compleyely ferret proof their homes. My poor boy he looks like hes lost weight and all he does is sleep. Wish him luck guys :'( I will post after the xray and let you know what the Vet says.
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:46 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:45 PM
Thanks unclejoe. Hes at the vets right now getting xrays, fluids, pain meds, and some recovery supplement. Xray results will tell us if he needs surgery...
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:31 PM
Just got back from the vet.llhe does need surgery. She wants to get him in tomorrow morning. Is exploratroy surgey the same...like she said 600$ roughly...for exploratory. Will they remove the blockage while doing the exploratory? Thanks guys :(
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 9:49 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:02 PM
She coukd deffinitly see there was something blocking him up, the barrium was very visibly stopped at one point. He also had a lot of blockage lower down, which coukd either be more of whatever he ate, or backed up feces, which she thinks that is what it is. Ive got some carniore caremfor him, to try every couple hours to get some nutriion in him, and ive also got some white stuff which is like pepto bismol, to help line his tummy so it doesnt hurt as much. 
brendan

• Total Posts : 47
Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:31 PM
Is he grinding his teeth? if so he will most likely have a a pain in the stomach refusing him to poop. What colour was his throw up? Green usually shows signs of ECE
[font="'courier new'; line-height: 1.4"]I hope the following information I supplied helps you in anyway possible..
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:01 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:54 PM
Yeah the other script is sulcarafate unclejoe, i hope it helps him. I gave him some carnivor care via syringe and got 4 small syringes into him orally. He seemed to like it. Both vets said its highly unlikely its ECE as i asked them about that as well. He hasnt been introduced to any new ferrets other than Mina a month ago, and she was in a single ferret home, they also said ECE comes on a lot quicker. His vomit was normal, food colored, like beige. This surgery will be stressful finacally, im only 22 and a student and a waitress. But I will do anything for him. Im very curious to see what it is he ate, once everything is over.nRecovery for him will be tough afterwards and requie a lot of dilligence on my part, but whatever I can do i will. The vet said the fact that he is young, and healthy and sturdy will make his recovery go more smoothly as well as the surery.
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:50 AM
Member in blocked list
brendan

Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:11 PM
Best wishes to you and your baby
[font="'courier new'; line-height: 1.4"]I hope the following information I supplied helps you in anyway possible..
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:40 PM
Hey guys!

So I just dropped Meechy of for surgery. The vet is allowig me to do a payment plan, I am so grateful. Wish him luck! Hes a trooper he will be fine, and spoiled. The vet is also doing laser therapy on his abdomen, it was only an extra 30$ they said it helps with healing and pain. I am so excited to go pick him up in 4 hours. Thank you for the support guys. As soon as I dropped him off at the vet, it felt like a giant weight was lifted off my chest. I kmow thats where he will get the best care :)
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:45 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:22 PM
HELLO AGAIN GUYS!

Good news, Meechy is out of surgery! It went quite quick actually, I was worried when they call because of how quick it was! The single obstruction....which she said seems to ne a peice of cartilage or bone, and that I might be able to identify it! Where in the heck did he get bone from....anyways, it all went well, he does have some slight ulceration on a spot in his intestine, but she said that is normal because thier dogestive systems are sensitive, and could also have a stress factor to it. So lots of carnivpre care supplement, liquids, the pepto stuff, and pain killers. Also pro-biotics. I made his room as comfy as he could dream of. Now just to pick him up in an hour, put him to bed, and then head to my waotressing job for a couple hours! 
wenmister
Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:40 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:16 PM
Member in blocked list
brendan

Re:Pray for Meechy - Thursday, November 27, 2014 11:25 PM
That's great! Meechy must be very strong.
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Friday, November 28, 2014 2:07 AM
Hi friends :)

So my boy has been home for a couple hours now. I just gave him his sulcarfate, florentero, carnivore care, and morphine before bed (well, all day is bed for him now, haha) You guys will not believe what it was stuck in him. Vet didn't take a close look and thought it may be a peice of suasage. 

I felt SO guilty as I had given him a tiny peice right before all this started happened. They have me the FB they removed to take home. Me, being the curious person I am, as soon I got home I opened up the jar and grabbed it. It was a darker color, like his stomach had tried to eat it, and i thought no way this is suasage. I pulled hard and ripped the peice in half. It is red rubber. From a red rubber dog ball he chewed up TWO MONTHS AGO!!! I am mind blown! As soon as i saw he chewed the toy I removed it but it was already too late, the next day he pooped it all out (red rubber bits in his poop) WELL i guess he didnt poop ALL of it out!

I wil attach a picture of it on here. Im so happy he is okay, the spot of the incision looks painful for my poor boy, but i craddle him on his back when giving medications as to not hurt the stitches. Hes shaved on the tummy, as well as his arm that the IV was in. Poor Meechy, not feeling well AND  terrible hair cut!! Haha :) thanks for the support guys, and my boyfriend just told me to tell you guys thank you from him as well. Were through the toughest part, now it is just on me to be dilligent with his feeding, and medications, which is my #1 priority above anything else. Thanks again guys, here is the infamous foreign body! ( I broke it in half in my detective work)
unclejoe
Re:Pray for Meechy - Friday, November 28, 2014 7:38 AM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

Re:Pray for Meechy - Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:56 PM
Hey, quick update. Meechy is doing great, hes soo hungry, eating every moment he can. Hes back to his old self. Now just for his tummy to heal, hes gettimg his stitches out on Dec.9 and im off to grab some aloe vera for the incsicion (vet said it will help it heal faster)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message