Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Outdoor Ferrets
brendan

• Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points : 0
Outdoor Ferrets - Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:22 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering about what I would need for letting my ferrets play outside.. Right now I have some play pens that are indoors, but I would really like for them to expirence the outdoors. Also I know some owners train their ferrets to hunt.. How would I go about this?...
[font="'courier new'; line-height: 1.4"]I hope the following information I supplied helps you in anyway possible..
unclejoe
Re:Outdoor Ferrets - Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:48 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Outdoor Ferrets - Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:51 PM
Member in blocked list
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Outdoor Ferrets - Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:20 PM
Sounds like you are an American. While being the same species as our friends in Europe our ferrets(mill bred pet store ferrets) have lost most of their natural survivability qualities. Meaning they can't fend for themselves, so it is crucial that if you take them outside that they are in a ferret proof pen, properly leashed, or can't get away. If you plan on making a pin you'll need to peruse this forum and the holistic forum. There's a lot of helpful threads out their on proper shelters. One of the biggest things is never take them out if the temperature is over 70 fahrenheit. 
unclejoe
Re:Outdoor Ferrets - Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:09 PM
Member in blocked list
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Outdoor Ferrets - Monday, December 01, 2014 1:40 AM
I have a pen for my ferrets and they can go outside in it but it has a floor and a top wired just like the sides so they can't escape and nothing can get to them but they can look around and have fresh air. It is pretty large 4x6 so I can put five or six ferrets in it at a time. I still tend to stay out with them though since I know the neighborhood kids love my ferrets and I don't want them playing with them unless I am there watching.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread