Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being
Fiona princess

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:53 PM
Hi i have had my 2 ferrets for over a year now. They are over a year old.  I have two cages that connect together, I let them out an hour before work and 3 hours after work Monday thru Friday. on Friday night thru Saturday they are free to be in both rooms.  I have another "ferret room" that they have that has boxes and tubes and a rice box and toys. I also give them time in our living room to run an dork that has much more space.  I get on the ground and play and run a chase them as much as they want me to.  My question is they still seem bored.  I wonder if its me or am i not giving them enough stuff?  I bought in leaves to play with in a box yesterday.  I took them outside on the leash which they are scared of just to get them to do something different.  I have arranged the room a few times as well.  I haven't seen much out there in toys that they don't have and I have looked online and bought the 100 ideas of play for ferrets.  I am wondering if it is just me or are they bored?  They do that flop lay down bored thing that makes me feel so bad.  Any ideas?
wenmister
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Friday, October 24, 2014 6:19 AM
Member in blocked list
Fiona princess

Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:08 PM
Thanks for responding Wenmister.  Although i have swapped out the toys and have gave them a pool to play in. i thought the pool i had for them was too big.  It was a under the bed storage bin and it took a lot to empty and fill.  I never thought of a litter box.  I will buy a good one tomorrow.  I changed their room again and maybe i need to do a little more of that because they seem to get excited.  They love the teaser toys but they are hard to find.  i have made a few that they like and that holds them for a a little while.  Any more fun play time ideas would be great to hear! Yes they love the blanket parachute game or sheet pull.  PS they didn't care about the leaves.  I brought them outside today again and they just wanted to run back in.  Too many cars and dogs and people running around ( i live in Chicago).  eIts great to have a place to talk to other about supporting these wonderful babies of mine.
wenmister
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:10 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:53 AM
Member in blocked list
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Wednesday, November 05, 2014 1:54 PM
I think there's really no substitute for you. I know you said that you're playing with them but sometimes they seem to lose interest in me, but if I pursue them they're right back into it. 

I have a 30 lb rice box its huge, they love to play in it but love even more when I also play with them in it (like chase them with my hands and toss rice in the air above them, or do a teaser toy in it. they also love the plastic bags i shake them in the rice). 
Fiona princess

Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Friday, November 14, 2014 9:13 PM
Thank you for all the comments regarding things to do.  I guess its a matter of moving things around and changing the smells. They seems to really like that.  I tried the smaller litter pan in the tub and they love that for about 5 minutes until they hop in a get wet but i love when they get out and dork around to get dry.  I do have a  question i have heard that no ferrets cannot catch colds and yes ferrets can catch colds.  I know ferrets can get the flu.  Its confusing out there what is the truth?  I had a bad cold for the past 1 1/2 and i was wondering if they couldl get it.  I am the only one to handle them so its not like i can give them to the "nanny" to take care of here.  Any thoughts?
wenmister
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Saturday, November 15, 2014 7:56 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:not a new mom but have a few questions about the babies well being - Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:05 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message