Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Itchy
ianctaylor

• Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points : 0
Itchy - Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:40 AM
My ferrets are really itchy. I know Ferrets are itchy as a species, but they wake my brother up in the night a lot. 
We have a dehumidifier, so could they have dry skin. I live in Alaska, so fleas and ticks aren't a problem. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ian
wenmister
Re:Itchy - Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:34 AM
Member in blocked list
kushsmom

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Itchy - Monday, November 03, 2014 2:35 AM
wenmister, how itchy is normal itchy. I inherited a 2-3 yo ferret named kush. I was fostering him and his dad never came to get him. I have never owned a ferret,but this guy doesn't bite, or chew stuff, and he loves my cats. But once or twice every hour (ish) he runs into his litter pan and scratches and scratches. The previous owner took a small cage and cut out a door and made that an attached potty. When he is out playing he will stop and scratch and chew until he is rolling around in contortions.  I just want to be sure how much is too much.  The ferret rescue in town checked his skin and ears, they even did an ear swab on him, all good. Thought I would just get your opinion. I use feline pine in litterbox, and blankets and hammocks etc. for bedding.
Thanks in advance!

wenmister
Re:Itchy - Monday, November 03, 2014 7:16 AM
Member in blocked list
kushsmom

Re:Itchy - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 1:32 AM
My home stays pretty cool. Probably 68 and below.  I am not sure of the names of the food, I got them from the ferret rescue guys. One is a venison food that is expensive, and the other is 8 in 1 ultra blend select. I switch between them when he finishes one bowl he gets the other. He is also a little skinny so I am trying to give him chicken or turkey baby food every day.  Sometimes I mix a little ferretone skin and coat supplement into the baby food.
unclejoe
Re:Itchy - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 8:05 AM
Member in blocked list
kushsmom

Re:Itchy - Wednesday, November 05, 2014 1:13 AM
Thanks unclejoe.  I don't really like the select food because kush will be eating and he will get a piece stuck in the roof of his mouth. That triangle shape fits perfectly in that gap. What food suggestions? Anyone?
<message edited by kushsmom on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:38 AM>
unclejoe
Re:Itchy - Wednesday, November 05, 2014 8:44 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages