Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Marshalls microchip?
Smokie33

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Marshalls microchip? - Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:43 PM
Hey all, just welcomed a new baby fuzzy home, he makes 6 in the bunch.  He was born Aug. 3rd, and is adorable and very affectionate.   Since he is quarantined and alone he is getting plenty of one on one playtime.   I noticed a small scab on his back above his shoulders and below the base of his skull.  I took him to the vet for a check up and showed the vet the scab which he said was probably just from another ferret getting him just right before leaving marshalls. Two days ago while fhecking on the scab I noticed something under the skin.  It seems to be the right size and in the right place to be a microchip.  Has anyone heard of marshalls microchipping baby ferrets before shipping them out? I called the pet store and the owner said this is the first call he has gotten. I will be calling marshall directly in the morning and scheduling another vet visit just in case but was wondering if this is something new that they are doing,  none of the other 5 have one.  He is an adorable little guy, he looks to be a mix of champagne but with a white face, bib, and mitts, and has dark red eyes.  Tried attaching a pic, but I'm not using my regular iPad due to technical issues with ios8 not letting me log into the forum.
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Marshalls microchip? - Saturday, October 18, 2014 1:47 PM
I doubt it's a chip. Marshalls seems to do what it has to, not beyond, before they sell them. It isn't profitable or logical for them to put one in - as microchipping is on the owner's responsibility.

I wouldn't waste a vet visit on that. What you'd pay to go to the vet is more than what a microchip costs anyway, so why not wait for the regular visit to ask again, or go to some place that scans them and ask for a scan. 
Smokie33

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Marshalls microchip? - Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:07 AM
I took him to my local banfield for a scan before taking him to the regular vet and it is a chip.  It has moved itself up to the surface directly beneath the skin, so I'm going to take him to his vet anyway to make sure that it is not going to be a problem if it gets bitten by one of the others when they are finally introduced.   Still going to try and follow up with Marshalls to see why he is chipped but none of the others are.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread