Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 working on a diy ferret cage... need advice!
irbyma7297

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
working on a diy ferret cage... need advice! - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:40 PM
I am working on a fert cage. I want to make it out of an old bookshelf, and i need your advice. Is this big enough? It has four levels, each shelve is 5/8" long thick. It is 58 1/16" tall, including the shelves that make up the top and bottom. Two of the shelves are adjustable up and down two and a half inches. The second shelve (the floor for the third level) is not, and has to be 30" from the bottom, including the thickness of each shelve between, including the bottom. The bottom shelve, which supports the second floor, is 14 5/8" from the bottom (including the thickness of the shelve and the bottom floor), with 2 1/2" leeway up or down. The first from the top shelve (supports the top space) is 13 1/4" from the top, including the spaces of from the bottom of the platform to the top of the roof. Each shelve is 29 inches including the 5/8" on either side, or 7 3/4 without. They are all. Every shelf is 14 3/4" deep.

I will post pictures tomorrow. Is it too small?
unclejoe
Re:working on a diy ferret cage... need advice! - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:49 PM
Member in blocked list
irbyma7297

Re:working on a diy ferret cage... need advice! - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:23 PM
I'll post images tomorrow. As of now, i am perusing freecycle to try and find a free entertainment center or larger shelving unit. Still hanging on to the shelving. Hopefully i can find something better if it is too small.
irbyma7297

Re:working on a diy ferret cage... need advice! - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:39 PM
I am considering using my entire bedroom as a free roam ferret room. It is a somewhat small room, and would be a sinch to ferret proof. I have a chest i can tip over, and possibly put a few sheets/blankets on top of some shower curtains to protect the carpet. I can used the tipped chest as a shelter, or, better yet, i can buy a large dog kennel and let him sleep in there and stay in there when guests are in the house or i need to leave my door open.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread