Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!!
flockaveli

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:46 AM
My roommate decided she was done with caring for her ferret and I believe she probably has turned her loose because she has tried to do it before but the ferret came back a week later. She claims she has no idea what happened to the ferret but I'm not dumb I've checked the cage and it is secure so she did not escape. The door was locked with no ferret inside. I know she more than likely let it loose into the woods behind our duplex. 
I'm very very worried about the ability of the ferret to survive if it is out there, it is deaf and albino! I am going to try to find her no matter what it takes. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on things I could do to try and find her or to lure her back to our property... I don't know if she will be able to find her way back a second and that is what scares me most. We live so close to a major road and it really is awful to think what might happen if she wandered onto it at night...let alone what could happen to her just being out in the woods with no idea how to survive.  I have left food and water and shelter on our back porch, but it has been about 36 hours since I noticed she went missing. I will be checking as often as I can to see if she is back and have called the surrounding animal shelters once and will be again tomorrow. But I am just looking for additional tips in the mean time!

bandit99
Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:16 AM
Member in blocked list
irbyma7297

• Total Posts : 26
Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:28 AM
This may be a silly idea, but perhaps you can get a hold of a live trap that is ferret sized? The kind that closes behind the ferret. You could put her favorite treat or food in there, and put several throughout the woods. Then, check them several times a day. They may be hard to find, though, unless you can make your own. Sorry if that was silly/dumb! Forgive me!
flockaveli

Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:21 PM
thank you for the ideas :-) I'm thinking I will try putting out a few traps, the local shelter has some!
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:17 PM
Best of luck to you. I'm sure if you catch it someone could help find an organization to take it.

Time for a new roomate. Someone who cares so little for a life she decided to take on is not someone I would want ligivng with me. :|

Dookeril

• Total Posts : 21
Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:41 AM
Ask your neighbours and inform them that a ferret has gone loose. Pictures can help, since not everyone knows what a ferret is.

Leaving out food is a great idea. Just make sure no other animals come by to eat it. 

I would have lost my mind if your room mate was my room mate. It's upsetting to see so many animals go through abuse or live in homes when the owner doesn't care about them very much at all. Pets are a responsibility and commitment that not everyone can make, I wish everyone would understand that.
mommaweasel

Re:HELP!!! I SUSPECT MY ROOMMATE TURNED HER FERRET LOOSE INTO THE WOODS!!! - Friday, September 26, 2014 12:58 AM
get the Loudest squeaky toy you can find & squeak everywhere in the area- ferrets are sensitive to the sound and come to see what the sound is coming from. Please do it now

Beautifully Handcrafted Ferret Bedding to fill all your  Fuzzie's needs. Specializing in dressage for Ferret Nation cages.
www.littlefeetferretbedding.org

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message