Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Picking up issue
Icester

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
Picking up issue - Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:53 AM
Hey, Sorry if this is simple question but its driving me nuts.. I have a lovely little jill whos 14/15 weeks old and shes good, poops normal, eats normal, drinks normal etc etc but. if I put my hand 1/2inchs close to her she'll go and bite and wont let go? Does anyone have any tips on stopping her doing this.. I normally give her butter, vitamin paste or other treats to distract her but been doing it for 3 week and shes starting to expect it so its not learning her its more "here a treat" .. Once shes picked up shes fine, she doesnt wiggle, try to bite or anything. I've read scuffing them is the best way but shes really tiny for a female and she has nothing to scuff.. Ive tried while ive been holding her. I've had ferrets before but they have been good and handleable when Ive gotten them.. Also im from the Uk
wenmister
Re:Picking up issue - Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:32 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Picking up issue - Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:34 PM
Member in blocked list
Icester

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Picking up issue - Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:41 PM
I cant scuff her, She has nothing to scuff.. Thats why im having difficulties.. When I pick her up Shes fine, She doesnt bite its fact of trying to pick her up which I cant do.. I normally give her a treat then when shes chewing away grab her.. She gets attention, way too much attention even from my cat but has yet to meet him outside of the cage til her biting is in order... Thanks for the Advise I'll try give the walking around with her a go.. Also its not nipping, I know why shes nips to play.. its the biting and not letting go which I have the issue with heh

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread