Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stop it Nito!
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
Stop it Nito! - Friday, September 12, 2014 9:27 PM
I bought my first ferret nation cage about a month ago for my two ferrets. They seem pretty happy with it, but for the past couple of weeks one of them has been pooping outside of (but close to) the litter box. The litter box is on the first level in the corner that's against the corner of the wall. She has been pooping in the same corner, but on the second floor (the shelf in the lower of the two modules). It's annoying. I clean the litterbox at least once a day and only have two tiny female ferrets anyway. also, this is the level that their food dish was on until I broke down and moved it because she kept pooping there. I don't think the issue is the size of the new cage. She was in the new cage for a few weeks without this issue. I have had issues with her pooping in other parts of her cage before, but not this consistently. Is there anything I can do? The litterbox won't fit there.
kesjames

Re:Stop it Nito! - Friday, September 12, 2014 9:31 PM
For clarification, she has been using this litterbox for about a year. Her diet hasn't changed at all recently, and her cage mate is still using the litterbox faithfully (when in the cage). I haven't noticed any other behavioral or health-related issues.
wenmister
Re:Stop it Nito! - Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:06 AM
Member in blocked list
kesjames

Re:Stop it Nito! - Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:52 AM
If I take the shelf out will they still be able to get up to the second tier? I scoop the litterbox daily and scrub it weekly. It doesn't get very dirty. Sometimes she poops in the corner when I've just cleaned it an hour ago.
unclejoe
Re:Stop it Nito! - Saturday, September 13, 2014 2:32 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Stop it Nito! - Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:13 PM
Member in blocked list
kesjames

Re:Stop it Nito! - Monday, September 15, 2014 1:30 PM
Gr. Seriously, I've started scooping the litterbox twice a day and I've still have to wash that shelf every day for the last 3 or 4 days. If she poops on it again I'll cover the shelf with a pillow case; if that doesn't work I'll take the shelf out. Hopefully she won't just choose another corner.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread