Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Potty training a 2 MO kit
BruceandBaby1

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Potty training a 2 MO kit - Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:26 AM
Hi Ferret peeps,
I have a 10 month old ferret named Bruce Wayne.. he does have accidents but he is decently trained especially when he is his cage he only uses the litter box or a corner. He will never poop where he sleeps or eats. We started to think he was a little depressed due to the fact that he had no play mates. My husband and I went to the pet store and got a second ferret named baby. Baby is the sweetest most fun loving ferret. At first baby took really well to the litter box he went in it for the first few days. we even opened up the cage for him and let him and bruce have the reign of one room while we were at work. for the first 5 days they went mostly in the cage litter box or on a corner wee pad. The other day we came home and baby had pooped ALLL over the room. I dont know how he could poop that much. once i was done cleaning and put him in his cage the next day i realized he was pooping and peeing everywhere in the cage on his blankets and bedding, in the hammocks EVERYWHERE. We had to bathe both bruce and baby clean everything and this morning we woke up to the same mess. HELP!!!!!!!! i want baby to have room to play but i dont know what to do about his pooping and dont understand why he seemed to get it at first and now he is so confused.
unclejoe
Re:Potty training a 2 MO kit - Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:22 PM
Member in blocked list
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Potty training a 2 MO kit - Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:16 AM
That's alot of poop.  I'm wondering if the baby is having trouble adjusting to the food?  If it is coming out loose, he might have trouble holding it in.

As for pooping int he hammock, sometimes ours would do that if they couldn't get out of the hammock in time.  That happened when they were older, or when they werent' feeling well and couldnt' get to the litter box in time.

I'd take away free roam until Baby gets used to using the litter box again.
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Potty training a 2 MO kit - Tuesday, September 09, 2014 7:53 PM
Should see a vet. That seems like a developing bowel problem. Pet store ferrets ALL come from mills and are ticking problem time bombs. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread