Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? IMPORTANT EDIT
Mus_musculus

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? IMPORTANT EDIT - Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:41 AM
Hello all I'm new here,  and the title tells most of it. But to be more specific, I recently bought a new kit last week, I put him in the same cage with my two year old ferret, and they been fine. But just today the older one seems to lack energy and sounds like he has mucus in nose and it looks likes a little bit of clear discharge flows out. The kit seems fine, energetic eats well and everything. But I am afraid of either being sick and how dangerous could this be? Have nah of you experienced this? How do I treat it? I'm pretty scared as I do not want to lose my ferret(s). Thank you.
<message edited by unclejoe on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:06 PM>
wenmister
Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:41 AM
Member in blocked list
Mus_musculus

Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:55 AM
Hello, and thank you for the info. I have not seen how he defecates, his eyes do seem red around the "lids" and he's sneezing and sleeps A LOT, normally when I get home from work or getting ready to leave he's peeping out to see what I'm doing or if I'm going to let him play. From what I've been reading it does sound a lot like the flu, what can I do to treat it? Is dangerous for the other one (kit)? I have separated them in the cage (two stories)
unclejoe
Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:15 AM
Member in blocked list
Mus_musculus

Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:28 PM
Thank you very much for your info. I will have to try it out. I will let you guys know how he is doing. However I still can't help to feel stressed and worried about him....
Mus_musculus

Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Friday, August 01, 2014 3:03 AM
Update: Well he seems more active, eats, and drinks just fine, but now I'm seeing the mucus in his stool.... Ugh I'm so worried... And reading about the symptoms is driving me crazy! I don't know what to do! Will it pass? How do I help him? Anybody with had this happen?
Mus_musculus

Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Friday, August 01, 2014 5:30 AM
Update: now it looks like the younger one has mucus in his eyes and is sneezing! The older one seems a lot better pretty much back to normal, but haven't seen him poop. 
The movements on the little one seem pretty slow, and weak. He's still eating and drinking, but there's green color mucus in his left eye. When I read all these scary diseases all the symptoms are alike..... I don't know what to do!
unclejoe
Re:HELP! ferret flu? Kit in danger? How to treat? - Friday, August 01, 2014 9:06 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message