Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Can't we all just get along? =(
Aerychan

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
Can't we all just get along? =( - Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:29 PM
I know its still early but I was hoping for some tips. Diabound is 8 months old and hasnt been near another ferret since we brought him home in February. He spends most of his time in his cage cuz of our work hours but he does get out and have run of the bedroom when were home. We went him to have a companion for when were away so we picked up a little girl marshall (4 months, yet to be named cuz we cant agree lol) from a privately owned pet shop that has honestly seen better days..The bottom of her cage was all litter, she was dirty, and her nails were in desperate need of trimming. They also told us that she hasnt been handled much or had a companion for a while either. We brought Diabound to the shop and introduced them outside of her enclosure before taking her home. Things seemed okay at first but now I honestly cant tell if they're playing/getting a feel for each other or if they just flat out hate each other. They don't really make much noise, just the occasional hiss and some dooking. She seems more aggressive but he's twice her size and Im worried that one is going to hurt the other. Also Diabound is not a 'mellow' ferret but today he's just seeming a little down. He's a little better now after I let them nap and alternated their play time. For now they're in separate cages placed next to each other. Does anyone have any advice? Diabound loves ferretone and forsakes everything just to lick the bottle, but the little girl doesnt seem interested.
unclejoe
Re:Can't we all just get along? =( - Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:36 PM
Member in blocked list
Aerychan

Re:Can't we all just get along? =( - Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:27 PM
Thats good to hear =) Shes only pooped twice outside of her cage and that was in the box on the way home and after her bath (cuz of box poop..) as she was running for freedom. I have a dig box, cardboard castle, tshirt/pillow tent, jingly balls, easter eggs, and plushies galore. Diabound has been kinda spoiled and with 5 people here who adore him he won't be wanting for attention. =3
Aerychan

Re:Can't we all just get along? =( - Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:38 PM
Okay so now Diabound isnt eating his kibble...We have two different kinds: The one we've always fed him and the kind the place we bought Bakura (finally agreed on her name) says they've been feeding her. He doesnt bother with hers even though she's thrown it all over the place, but he shows interest when I'm filling her bowl. He also attacks the bag his food is in but wont touch it if I open it up. He'll eat his treats but that's it.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread