Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Traveling with Ferrets
hkroll

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Traveling with Ferrets - Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:28 PM
Hello Fellow Ferret Owners,

I'll be moving this september and driving out of Alaska and through the chilly Yukon to the lower 48. I'll have the cage all setup in the covered bed of my pickup and at night my adorable ferret Annie will sleep in her hammock like usual. I'm worried about Annie being too cold at night...has anyone ever used a portable heater for traveling with their ferret? I'm thinking heating pad like they make for cats but I need something totally ferret proof and it has to be battery powered. any ideas? thanks!
wenmister
Re:Traveling with Ferrets - Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:03 PM
Member in blocked list
hkroll

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Traveling with Ferrets - Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:17 AM
Thank you for the reply. I will definitely put more bedding in and the blanket to insulate the cage is a good idea. I'll be camping along the road...it's about 8 nights or so. The cab won't be any warmer than the back of the truck at night. Just wondering what other folks have done while traveling! 
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Traveling with Ferrets - Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:49 PM
It might not be warmer by temperature but it may be warmer due to less wind. I know you said you are covering it but keep in mind how much wind can get through the tiniest of cracks. I have never moved a ferret like that, but my dad's roomate moved her rats in the spring one year - a warm day, and had the rats in their cave covered in the back of her truck and one still froze to death. I think bringing them in the truck is probably the best move, with extra bedding. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread