Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Help! Infected Eyebrow?
ckozuback

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Help! Infected Eyebrow? - Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:42 PM

Hey, hopefully someone will see this and be able to help! This morning Nova had what looked like a little whitehead under her "eyebrow whisker" and I thought maybe it was an ingrown hair or something. I came home a couple hours later and the redness seems to have spread to most of her "eyebrow". Has anyone seen this before? 

She is a Marshall ferret, approximately 2 years old (although we adopted her, and the lady who was "getting rid of her" wasn't her original owner and had never taken her to the vet and didn't seem to care about her health so the age isn't necessarily accurate). She's been acting normal (happy, hyper, getting into trouble) and our other ferret seems to be okay.

I'm really scared, although I tend to overreact/panic over every little ailment my fuzzies get. I've tried googling everything I can think of with no answers. 

Thank you so much in advance for any help/advice you can provide!

Pictures:
http://prettilypolished.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Nova-Eye2.jpg
http://prettilypolished.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Nova-Eye.jpg
http://prettilypolished.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Nova-Eye-3.jpg

Celene

(Edited to add links to photos)

<message edited by ckozuback on Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:54 PM>
unclejoe
Re:Help! Infected Eyebrow? - Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:39 PM
Member in blocked list
ckozuback

Re:Help! Infected Eyebrow? - Sunday, July 27, 2014 11:33 PM
Yes, she'll definitely be going to the vet tomorrow! (Unless, by chance, it looks much better in the morning in which case I'll wait). I just mostly want to know what it is in case there is anything I can do in the meantime. She had a boo boo (scab) on her back a couple weeks ago which seems like it could've been a mast cell tumor, except I think she's too young to be at risk and she didn't scratch that area any more than the rest of her.

I can't put any ointment on it (neosporin or otherwise) since my ferrets groom each other at least several times a day and I don't want either of them ingesting it. I tried to put a little hydrogen peroxide on it while she was sleeping (so she wouldn't move and get it in her eye) but the smell woke her up.

Thanks for your advice though! I know logically it probably isn't super serious or life threatening, but I can't help being really worried anyway.

Celene
unclejoe
Re:Help! Infected Eyebrow? - Monday, July 28, 2014 8:22 AM
Member in blocked list
ckozuback

Re:Help! Infected Eyebrow? - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:35 PM
Just an update: We took her to the vet and he told us that it was just some mild inflammation, and gave us some cortisol/antibiotic ointment to put on it. It was quite a bit more swollen this morning, but it is already looking better!

Thank you for her help and advice.

Celene

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages