Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 He's a sleeper - And I mean darn near comatose!
Zoetic

• Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 0
He's a sleeper - And I mean darn near comatose! - Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:13 PM
Hello all - I've recently (as in today) come into two ferrets, a male (Mishka) and a female (Laska). While Laska is all about play and exploring and being a goober, Mishka is... asleep. Like hardcore asleep. I pick him up, and he might stretch or yawn, but he's staying asleep. He's still breathing (we had to check at one point), and he's played a little, but he just seems to be a serious sleeper.

So... How normal is that?
unclejoe
Re:He's a sleeper - And I mean darn near comatose! - Sunday, July 27, 2014 10:02 PM
Member in blocked list
Zoetic

• Total Posts : 42
Re:He's a sleeper - And I mean darn near comatose! - Monday, July 28, 2014 4:57 PM
I did a little more research, and apparently it was just the crazy deep sleep they do - It's been ten years since I've had a ferret and don't remember that happening ever! 

They were on Craigslist, actually. Two ferrets, cage, toys, food, etc for $200. I've been dying for another one for years, and as apartment dwellers orselves, ferrets are the best pets. More fun than hampsters, no pet deposit. I definitely forgot how much fun they are :-) 

I've found a vet in the area - He actually volunteers with a ferret rescue here in Richmond, which is awesome. 
wacferret

• Total Posts : 92
Re:He's a sleeper - And I mean darn near comatose! - Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:32 PM
YEP Ferret Comma its normal Some fuzzies just sleep real deep, we 1st got Pirate we stopped at a pet shop to look for ferret stuff and while my wife was holding him a few kids wanted to see what she had, she went to show them and thought he was DEAD as he didn't even twitch when 3 little ones all started petting and touching him, never even flinched. She had to look real close to see he was breathing. Captain or Morgan will do it on occasion as well be dead asleep pick em up pet em, tickle their toes, and NOTHING, as if they were in a comma. After a min or 2 they give a big ol yawn and are like "hey..... good morning" But definitely have them checked at the vet to be safe

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread