Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret Bedding
wrd0003

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret Bedding - Monday, June 23, 2014 4:20 PM
Hey all! I'm new to this forum. I'm wanting recommendations on bedding for my ferrets. I haven't found anything that I LOVE yet. I'm wanting something absorbent and good for odor control. Thanks!
whiskandbowl

• Total Posts : 179
Re:Ferret Bedding - Monday, June 23, 2014 9:28 PM
I don't use disposable bedding in my ferret's cage. The only things at the bottom of my cage are the litterpans with a puppy pad underneath, and usually a cozy bed. I also hang hammocks around the cage for sleeping :-)

Ferrets: Wesley, Percy, Owen    -rip Bandit-
Bettas- Kitty, Pip, and Logan
Sun Conure- Kita
Gerbils- Piper and Tailer
wenmister
Re:Ferret Bedding - Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:52 AM
Member in blocked list
CharlieandBlaze

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Ferret Bedding - Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:38 PM
I would also recommend  some form of fabric. I made my own bedding out of cotton and fleece. There are liners on the trays and then hammocks, beds, etc. I found if I didn't have the floor covers, the ferrets would go to the bathroom everywhere, but now with the fabric bedding, they only go in the litter boxes. You could use scrap pieces of fabric, old clothes/blankets, fleece blankets from walmart, second hand stores are good too.  
Crystal_Davis

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Ferret Bedding - Monday, July 28, 2014 1:45 AM
I bath my ferrets once a month in special ferret shampoo that doesnt strip their oils. If you dont give them a bath at all they tend to stink more. Before I got ferrets people would say how bad they smell. A bath once a month with tea tree oil shampoo or something to that effect for ferrets keeps them smelling and looking cute. I have never had a problem with them stinking really bad with the shampoo I use on them. 
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Ferret Bedding - Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:58 PM
I make my own ferret sleeping bags with fleece and flannel. I have one ferret that doesn't like to use the litterbox and she will not have any accidents near her bed, so I just made sure that there were enough suitable sleeping places that she didn't feel the need to pop a squat anywhere near sleep area. Now she at least only ever goes on the bottom level, but getting her in the box at that point is hit and miss. lol

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread