Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bathing too much???
Ezra0622

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Bathing too much??? - Friday, June 20, 2014 9:44 PM
So i recently adopted three ferrets, they all came from the same home but were all gotten at different time and from different retailers. After seeing picture from when they were babies ( and they are only a little over a year old) they were sable or darker in color, now all three are completely white. Not speckled or lighter i mean snow white. Some of the few things they came with were 15 bottles of shampoo. So my question is, is it possible to wash ferrets so much that you strip their color out. I have researched and i know they lighten up as they grow older, but they aren't that old and they are completely lacking color now. And since i am not bathing them could the color come back now if that is the case? Any thoughts?
unclejoe
Re:Bathing too much??? - Friday, June 20, 2014 10:08 PM
Member in blocked list
Ezra0622

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Bathing too much??? - Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:15 AM
All ferret shampoo half with baking soda the others with aloe. most are half empty or mostly empty so they did bath them ofter. and when i tried to put ferretone on their bellies to cut their nails they all freaked out from the feel of the liquid.
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Bathing too much??? - Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:16 PM
Throw the ferratone out and use salmon oil. The whitening could be from age, natural color change, bleach, poor diet, or any number of things. Ferret hair is clear or slightly pigmented. When they are washed with bleach or any other strong cleaner way too often it can cause discoloration. It sounds like they were bathed way too often and stripped of the pigments in their skin that color their hair. 
wenmister
Re:Bathing too much??? - Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:11 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages